five: d a n g e r o u s s p e l l s

CHAPTER FIVE: DANGEROUS SPELLS

' mama, there is only so much i can do,
tough for you to witness but it was for me too. '

CLARY CLUTCHED HER BACKPACK'S strap as she struggled to keep up with her characteristic friend who's words were currently coming out in a blur as they both sped down the hall

CLARY CLUTCHED HER BACKPACK'S strap as she struggled to keep up with her characteristic friend who's words were currently coming out in a blur as they both sped down the hall. Clarissa furrowed her brows as she struggled to understand the rapid words. "Jesus Christ, Val. Slow down. I can't understand you when you're talking crazy crap so fast."

Turning around with a playful smile adorning her lips, she spoke slowly to irritate her ebony haired friend. "Oh, really? Well then, I'll speak more slowly to match with your slow as hell mind."

Rolling her blue eyes, Clary snorted. Nodding her head as a sign to continue, she leaned against her locker. Valerie continued talking about her plan, "So, this spell is very dangerous in the witchy books apparently."

Clary nibbled on lip, anticipating the answer that filled her with dread and fear. "How dangerous?" Valerie looked around the busy hall, noticing the students that only paid attention to themselves. She took steps closer, lowing her head to Clary's short height as her words came out more cautiously and quietly, fearful of the ears that yearned for the gossip.

"Krista wasn't supposed to die yet. The cause of her death was a vampire — known as cold ones. So since it wasn't her time, we can actually bring her back from the dead, and it was guaranteed that she would live until old age." Clary widened her eyes as Val spoke more and more. She grinned a smile that Valerie hasn't seen for weeks. How she dreaded to speak those next words that would make her genuine smile disappear.

"But if we want to bring her back," she sighed, hating what would come out of her mouth next. "we have to sacrifice a person." She watched in sadness as the smile faded away from Clarissa's beautiful face. "The person can't be family, they have to be a person who loved Krista unconditionally."

They both knew already that the person was the blue-eyed Sinclair girl; she loved Krista the second she saw on her porch-steps, crying in the rain as it made the blood on her knees slide down her legs. She knew that she wanted to do anything in her power to protect the freckled little girl when she saw the handprints imprinted on her arms. She loved Krista like a sister, and she would a person pay if they ever laid a scratch on that innocent little girl.

So of course she would want to sacrifice herself for the Blake girl. If it meant that she would get to live a long life where she didn't have to worry have losing her life, then Clary would do that without hesitation. Because after all, she never did love herself.