Chapter 2

After I poured my heart out, which was all night, I felt a little better minus my puffy eyes and dark circles. I couldn't sleep lastnight not only because I was sad, but curious. I kept wondering about the stranger from lastnight, his dangerous green orbs which kept gazing on me. I wasn't aware of it then, but he striked a fire within me by his one gaze. Who is he?

Present...
Making an appearance at school today will be embarassing. I'm sure that everyone at school will have something against me. They always do. Especially Cece. That nightmare, I swear I wanted to kill her more than anything but who am I to even touch her? Or even say a word against her.

It wasn't the only reason I didn't want to go. I still remember what happened lastnight. I guess it all happened for good, I don't want backstabber's with me.

"Erica, my darling! Are you okay? I was so worried lastnight" my mom suddenly made an entrance through the door and rushed toward me.

You see, my mom is also my bestfriend, so I share everything with her. Literally. I shared my sob story with mom and guess what? In the end, here I am. In the classroom.

I admit it was hard, but it's time to face the reality. I needed a change and a big one at that...

I was brought back to the real world when the bell rang. There walked our Chemistry teacher Mr. Maxwell. Trust me, he's a freakshow.

"Good morning, Students!" We wished him the same and sat on our chairs. Mr.Maxwell cut it short today, no wonder why he didn't talk all crap. He just gave us a chemical test to work on. I was alone sitting on the bench when my boyfriend Josh walked in. Ex boyfriend.

I looked at him and then started to tap my pencil on the desk. Bad habit when I'm nervous. Josh came on with an ego sized of the whole America with his usual bad boy attitude and sat right next to me. I can't believe this guy! He had the guts to do that?

Josh was sitting so close to me that I couldn't breath. He wanted to make me feel uncomfortable. "Oops!" Josh dropped his pencil and ducked to take it. Suddenly, I felt a hand right on my thigh, a little up higher. Ofcourse, Josh and I kissed but it was no more than that. I just didn't feel he was the right guy. Sure he's attractive, but I started to date him because of mom.

Right at that time, I walked out of the class and rushed to the girls locker room. I was all alone there when Josh came running after me. I was about to close the door when he stopped it and came in. My glasses fell to the floor when he came and banged me to the wall.

He trapped me with between the door and him "Look, Erica! Let me cut it real short.You were just a bet, so let me tell you that I only got closer to you so that I can get close to Ash. Why did you ever think you can get a boyfriend? I mean look at you! You look horrible" he laughed at what he said and gripped a handful of my hair. My breath hitched when his hand gripped my hair.

The next blink of my eye caught the moment that almost seemed surreal to me. "Dan?" I think my head hit too hard when Josh pushed me to the lockers. I felt a pair of two strong hands taking me on a bridal style while I was foolishly laying on the floor. I couldn't see his face clearly but my innermost self was telling me it was Dan. "Silly me, why would Dan help me?" I was talking to myself when I heard his manly laugh. Is this where my head hit too hard and my subconscious talks about my innermost feelings? Well Dan has been my crush since the day I stepped into this college.

"You-you saved me Dan! My bestfriend Ashely and Josh were cheating on me. I have no one to be on my side now,but you! You will be with me right?" I told Dan. His pearly white teeth kept flashing at my words. His steely gray eyes were looking at me with love. He brushed a lock of hair on my forehead and kissed my cheek.

He was staring at me, but he wasn't talking to me at all.
"Dan? Why are you not talking to me?" I asked him and he smiled.

"Erica?" He said but it wasn't his voice. "Erica wake up!" Why is Dan talking to me in Ashely's voice? I kept thinking. I was brought back out of my trance when Ashely woke me up.

"Erica, oh my god! are you okay?" Ashely asked. I was so confused as to why she came to me.For a moment I thought she was actually worried about me. For a minute though. Abruptly, the whole scene flashed in my head of Josh and Ashely at the party.

I pushed her hand which was resting on my hand. "Leave me alone you psychopath" the words left my mouth like bullets. "Er-erica what happened to you?"

"What happened to me? You're asking me that? Oh wow Ashely, your boyfriend Josh did this to me, your fucking boyfriend" she was shocked. I kept throwing words at her until her eyes reached to her forehead unbelieving that I could say those words.

She wasn't leaving me alone so I screamed. "Nurse-Nurse get her away from me!" I shouted. The nurse took her away from me and injected me with something. I slowly felt the dose working on me since I was feeling sleepy.