Chapter 1

The door of my room nearly broke in half when I slammed it in a loud thud. I don't really care. I knew this was gonna happen one way or another. I mean I wasn't fooling myself. Why would someone love me? Look at me! I'm the ugliest girl you will ever lay your eyes on.

Black rimmed eye glasses not to mention braces covering my teeth. No offense but I love my black hair but I always tie it in a low ponytail so no one ever sees how long it actually is.

I guess I wasn't used to taking fashion classes as I always wear typical jeans and Tshirts. No regrets. I love wearing jeans and T-shirts.

"Erica! Open the door!" My mother yelled from the other side of the door. I think I woke her up with the door slamming sound. Ugh! Now I have to deal with this!

I sniffed and answered with my cracked voice. "Mom! I'm okay! I just need to be alone for a while please." I'm not sure mom was convinced but then she said okay and walked to her room I guess. Oh where was I? You might be confused wanting to know why I was so pissed off and crying my heart out? Don't worry I'll fill that out too.
_______________________
Flashbacks (before the incident)
_______________________
I was so excited to go to this party of the year everyone was talking about obviously thrown by the most popular girl of the college Cece. Maybe,I was so excited because this was the first party that I was invited.

I had a low reputation at college because of my ugly appearance or maybe because of being a nerd? I'm not really sure though.

My best friend Ashley came by to give us a makeover. Because I don't know how to make-up myself. Shame!.

"Hey you! No if's and but's tonight, you are gonna do exactly what I tell you to do. Got it?" Ashely confirmed. Is it just me or anyone noticed her acting like my mom?

"Yes sir!" I mock saluted to my bestfriend. Having a debate with her will be pointless. We became bestfriends in highschool. She took out the dress she brought for me only to find out it was gorgeous. I touched the fabric of the soft dress ,scared that I might ruin it.

I had a sudden urge to oppose the dress. But like earlier, it's useless. The dress ended to my middle thighs just a little above my knees. It was a black V neck dress which shows a little bit of my cleavage.

I wore a pair of six inch high heels and practiced a bit to walk with it. At first I was gonna wear a pair of sneakers but then Ashely nearly killed me of even thinking about it. She curled my hair and let my waist length hair fall carelessly.

I wore two coats of mascara and a red lipstick which looked amazing on my lips. Finally when I was ready looking at myself in the mirror I was shocked by my appearance. I actually looked not so 'bad'? Or is just my conscience trying to play with me?

"Take of the glasses!" Ashely exclaimed, more like commanded.

"What!? No! I can't see without it" I shouted.

"Which is why we are going to have contact lenses" she winked. Ashely was looking as beautiful as ever wearing a cream colored dress with heels. The dress fit her like second sking and her blonde hair was straightened which goes amazing with her fair complexion and a red lipstick.

It wouldn't be a lie if I say, I was ashamed to walk with her. The contact lenses seemed funny in my eyes.

Half an hour passed by when we got ready and now it was time to go. We arrived to the party just in time to see the place was already crowded. The place reeked of alcohol and cigarette. People were making out near the pool side publicly. In a word! Gross! I already hated this.