Ch.3: Getting Out

Intro
Y/N's POV

"You were both a pain in the ass, but I still miss you guys." I said joking a laugh.

          ✩̣̣̣̣̣ͯ┄•͙✧⃝•͙┄✩ͯ•͙͙✧⃝•͙͙✩ͯ┄•͙✧⃝•͙┄✩̣̣̣̣̣ͯ

        Opening the door slowly, I had my guard up. Surprising me a walker came at me and threw me on the floor. I thought fast and stabbed the walker then pushed it aside on its back. Getting up, I looked at the walker and almost choked on my spit. I recognized him.

"Ray.... How is it that you of all people didn't survive this?" I asked almost furious.

        Ray was one of my roommates. He was one that I related to the most. We got along, but sometimes he got a bit annoying by teasing me.

        I walked out into the room looking for anything that may be useful. Digging through one of his drawers, ignoring all of the underwear and clothes, I found a flashlight and a couple batteries, I put them in my backpack. I found a few couple other things but doubt they will be of any use.

        Readying my dagger, I walked out of the room and went into Ray's room. I found it odd that I found Ray in Tristan's room, but I ignored it. Before going into Ray's room, I heard noises. I turned the doorknob and opened the door.

        What I saw, I surprised me greatly. A walker, that I recognized, was hanging. Tristan, was right there, hanging. He must've took his own life. At this point I was on the verge of tears. I was confused about one thing. How do they turn?

        I stopped and took a moment to think it over. I grabbed a stool and stabbed him. I cut the rope and laid him down. I checked all over his body, not literally, but there were no bites, no cuts, nothing.

"Do people just turn when they die?" I asked a rhetorical questioned.

        Getting up and forgetting this, I looked around for anything useful. I found another hand gun and ammo. Ray didn't have permission to go to the cellar.

"Is this why you kept leaving in the middle of the night? I thought you were hooking up with someone

"Is this why you kept leaving in the middle of the night? I thought you were hooking up with someone." I said holding the gun Ray had hidden.

        Taking a leave from Ray's room, I went to my room. I didn't want to take any chances, so I kept my dagger ready. Repeating the process with the other two rooms, I opened the door. I knocked at the entrance of the door to attract any walkers inside.

        Nothing came out, I assumed it was safe but I didn't let my guard down. I walked inside and made a double check that no walkers were inside. There were none. I got to my drawers and got three outfits to put in my backpack.

 I got to my drawers and got three outfits to put in my backpack

(The backpack is the one you have on

(The backpack is the one you have on.)

        Leaving my room, I went to the kitchen and got food to eat. After eating I packed other food in a separate bag and took a couple bottles of water. I took out the gun that was in Ray's room. I realized it was the gun that I've always used, well, before it got lost.

        I loaded it up completely and grabbed my other gun as I put my dagger away. I took all my things and walked to the bathroom. I changed into one of the outfits I had in my backpack. After I was done, I grabbed both of my guns with both hands, and walked out of the cabin.

        As walkers came at me, I shot them from different directions. I ran into the forest to get more cover. After of what felt like an hour, I finally lost the walkers that had remained at the camp.

        It looked like it was about noon, so I got my rope out and climbed a tree and set up my sleeping bag to sleep in. I tied myself to the tree so that I wouldn't fall off. I kept my bow and arrows close so that I would be able to use them if any walkers noticed me or if a threat of some sort came at me.

        When I was setting things up, it was already dark. I tried falling asleep, but I couldn't get the thought of events that had happened when all of this happened. I firstly thought of Ray and Tristan.

"You were both a pain in the ass, but I still miss you guys." I said joking a laugh.

        Remembering the times I played video games with them even though we weren't supposed to. They were part of the rules of the camp. Us three were one of the top aces in the camp. My skills in tracking, weaponry, and surviving were sometimes flawless. Sometimes. When it came to surviving, I was mostly best in strategy planning.

        I thought of my parents and wondered if they got out alive or not. Seeing my father get bit was one experience I'd never think of experiencing. Running away from my mother is probably the one thing that I WILL regret forever. I should've stayed.

        If I really am alone. Then I must survive. I already promised it. I'm going to look for my parents, or look for any survivors. I have to save the human race. Even if I am alone, which I doubt.

         After a while my eyes grew heavy, and so I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's short, I'm sorry. Anyway, I hope you like it so far.

~Alice