Chapter 13 - Weekend Plans

The rest of the week flies by quickly. Before I know it, the last bell rings, letting everyone know its time to go home. Principal Tsunades' voices rings over the intercom before anyone has left. "I want to wish all of you a safe weekend. On a side note, our annual Christmas play is coming up. If you want to join, there is a sign up sheet in the office. Have a great rest of your Friday everyone."

The class jams the exit as the intercom goes off. I'm able to squeeze out the door quickly. I head to my locker to pack up my things, and find Gaara waiting for me. We smile at each other and he hugs me tight when I walk over. "Temari wants you and your sister to come over for the weekend." Gaara tells me as I put away my books. "Luckily, I don't seem to have any homework. If I did, I would have declined." I say, shuting my locker and slinging my empty backpack over my shoulder.

As we walk down the stairs, I hold Gaaras' hand. He squeezes my hand gently and we reach the bottom. "Before we leave, I want to drop by the office and sign up for the play." Gaara looks at me. "You'd make a good angel." He says to me. I blush bright red and head into the office.

Shizune smiles when she sees me. "I was hoping you'd stop by to sign up." She slides the sheet toward me. To my surprise, there are no names on the sheet yet. I shrug and write my name down. I wave to Shizune and Principal Tsunade as I walk out. Gaara is by the front doors, so I grab his hand as I walk by and head outside.

Gaara quickly runs over to Kankuro to tell him he's riding home with me as I head to my car. I start up the car and pop in my Black Eyed Peas CD, waiting for Gaara. He opens the door and slides in after the first song has ended. Making sure we're both buckled, I pull out and head to Timikas' school to pick her up. My little sister is waiting under a tree when we pull into the drop off/pick up lane. She hasn't seen the car yet. After a minute, I honk the horn, and she runs over as soon as she spots us.

"Not to sound mean, but what's your boyfriend doing here?" Timika asks, jumping in and putting her seatbelt on. "Temari invited us over this weekend." I tell her, putting the car in first gear and pulling away. "We need to stop by the house and grab some clothes." Timika claps and smiles happily.

Once the car is parked in the driveway, Timika jumps out and runs to the front door. Gaara and I follow her and I unlock the door. We all step in and take off our shoes at the door. After grabbing a banana for snack, Timika goes to her room to start packing. "Change into something that we didn't buy you for school!" I call to her as I head into my room. Gaara follows me and sits on my bed as I pull out a small suitcase for the weekend.

"You have a really nice room. Red painted walls and a tan carpet." Gaara says, looking around. My walls have tons of posters on them, ranging from The Ting Tings to Pearl Jam. "What can I say? I like the color red and music. Black is better, but I felt it didn't compliment the tan very well." I say, searching for a red tank top to go with a half sleeve red Taylor Swift shirt. Didn't know it was see through until after I'd bought it. Gaara gets off the bed and stands behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I stop searching and lean back into his embrace.

After a few minutes of standing like that, Gaara let's go and heads down the hall to the bathroom. I continue to search and finally find my shirt. I also pull out a black long sleeve Nirvana shirt and place both shirts into the suitcase. Timika comes in holding her clothes, which are nicely folded. "Put them in the suitcase." I tell her, and she sets them down in the right side. Timika goes back to her room to start packing up a few activities while I pull out two pairs of dark blue jeans and place them in the suitcase, along with two pairs of socks, and underwear for the weekend.

Gaara comes back in as I zip up the suitcase. "I'll take that out for you." He offers. I nod a thank you to him, and he picks up the suitcase and heads to the car. I pack a few books and some writing materials into my backpack and pull it on. Timika is waiting near the front door with her backpack and shoes on.

"Go ahead and head out to the car. Tell Gaara I'll be out in a minute." I tell her, struggling to slip my shoes back on. Timika nods and heads out the door. I go back through the house to make sure all the lights are off and the windows are locked tightly. Then I go out the front door and lock it behind me.

The three of us pile into the car and head to Gaaras' place. I put on Rihana for Timika as we drive. After 15 minutes, I park the car in the driveway of the Sabaku residence. Gaara grabs our suitcase and leads Timika and I through the front door. As soon as Temari greets us, Timika runs to her and gives her a bear hug. Kankuro waves from the living room and continues to play on his laptop. Temari leads Timika up to her room so she can drop her things off. "So, are you going to take the couch again, or do you want to sleep in my room like Temari was going to suggest the first time you stayed here?" Gaara looks at me with a kind smile. I smile back at him. "I think I'll stay in your room this weekend." Gaara nods and leads me to his room. Inside, the walls are painted red like my room, but the floor is black carpet. "You can have the bed. I'll take the floor." Gaara sets the suitcase next to his desk. I nod and look around. His walls are bare, except for two photographs. One is of him and his siblings, the other is of us on our first date. I'd place my picture of our date in a frame which was sitting on my desk at home.

Gaara stands next to me and hugs me. I hug him back. When he looks up at me, I kiss him sweetly, enjoying the moment.