"Prepare yourself; I am going to burst verbally."

"That's fine." Kaiden liked the sound of his voice, so it wasn't an issue for him.

* * * * *

Meloras had stared at a crack in the wooden table for hours. Jeronah sat next to her, running out of comforting things to say. Meloras had responded to none of them, falling into a deep depression. She missed her son already.

"How long are you going to sit there and be miserable?" Veronica asked from behind the counter. "You're putting off customers."

Jeronah looked around. Nobody was in the cafe; Veronica had closed it half an hour ago.

"We should go."

"No," Veronica sighed, "stay here tonight. Tomorrow, we start a plan to kill Lucifer."

Meloras looked up with pained eyes.

"You still want us to help?"

"I want to kill Lucifer, and he's after you which makes it easier to find him. So, yes."

"Even after Kaiden-"

"Look, he did what he had to do. If he is who you say he is, Kaiden was always going to end up in another world for the war anyway." Veronica sat down opposite them. "We'll make another one. It'll take years, maybe even thousands of years, but you must accept that your son needs to do this without you. I know that's harsh, but if Jeronah can live without him for thousands of years, now you know what he went through, so stop ignoring him."

Meloras turned to her soulmate. She had disregarded his feelings completely, showing her selfish demon traits for the first time in years.

"I'm sorry." She wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"Don't be sorry. Just know that we will get through this. At least I got to see my boy for a little while, and he is with Milokan, so I'm confident he is in good hands and will never feel alone."

"What did you just say?" Veronica's eyes had grown very intense, and she leant against the table, scared she heard him wrong. "You said Milokan."

"Yes, Milokan, Kaiden's soulmate," Jeronah frowned, thinking she would have heard his name by now. "Is there a problem?"

Veronica stood up with her fingers pressed to her lips, whispering the angel's name.

"I always wondered," she breathed. "I always wondered what happened to Milokan. He was such an innocent child. I feared they would have killed him in heaven. No angel deserves to be born in hell."

"What?" Jeronah looked nothing short of horrified. "You know Milokan?"

"Of course I do!" she snapped like it was rude of him to even ask. "If it were not for me, Lucifer would have killed him!"

"He was born in hell?" Meloras asked, swallowing her sorrow.

"Yes. You know that skull next to Lucifer's throne? Is it still there?" Veronica asked. Her hands were shaking.

"Yes."

"That's Milokan's mother. She was horrible before you start to pity her. If Lucifer didn't kill her, I would have killed her. You should have seen the way she treated the baby. She deserved the death she got. I think even the devil was a little disgusted."

"So, you took Milokan?"

"Yes, and before I left him at the gates of heaven, I named him, so he at least had an identity. I can't believe that was him. If I had known..." She sat down and asked for the demon behind the counter to make her some strong coffee.