.:Nineteen:.

A few days have passed since Carina's stay here. She's already upset with me before I could even tell her who I was, that I was the reptile with golden eyes who broke his wing and that she took care of me! Sending her flying that day hurt me, it made me worry of how much my powers were capable of, not only did it hurt me but it hurt her, especially.

   She still walks past me, she still wants to eat dinner with me and Diaval, she doesn't seem like she is that upset with me. But really, day by day, the aura that surrounded her felt strong, I assumed she only hated me more every single day as she took care of Quincy for us boys who know nothing of children, but I guess Diaval was learning since Carina wasn't really upset with him, unlike me.

   He told me she couldn't be mad at him because, one, he didn't do anything wrong in particular or at least, just did a really bad impression and secondly, Quincy needed a friend he could relate to and she thought that maybe Diaval was going to be a good brother for the child.

   Then again, there was me, who still knows nothing about this child. I have my revenge on those two idiots, I (thankfully) did not end up turning Diaval into a turkey about not telling me of Carina's title (because if I did, Carina would have killed me), I have Carina with me but have failed to in her heart and all I had to do left was to return Quincy back to those two when he ages sixteen or, at least sixteen.

   I claimed to them I will take him as my own but I'm very sure Carina had taught Quincy I was not his father. And that he only had a mother, Carina herself and an older brother who could fill in when Carina was gone.

   If I were to be a father, would I be a good one? Have I ever been a good friend to Diaval at all? If I can't be a good friend, how am I supposed to be a good father? And what, so Carina can be the mother? Hell, stop thinking like that, Mal!

   "Mal, we need to talk about this."

   I turn my head from my book I couldn't concentrate on, to find Diaval trudging down the stairs, looking rather stressful somehow. I drop the book onto my lap and lean against the chair. I said to him, questioningly, "What is it?"

   "It's about Carina," he bluntly tells me, stopping by the foot of the stairs to the basement of the castle. I roll my eyes and picked the book up again and attempted to read the contents, but really, all I received was just a few short words of its, ands, thens and howevers placed in every other place of the paragraph.

   "What is there for us to discuss about her, Diaval? I am sure you are aware she despises me so much she won't even spare me a word. Even if I tried, I'm sure she will just walk away," I sighed, lowering the book from my gaze a little.

    I spot Diaval sitting on the last step of the cobblestone staircase. I give up reading my new book as I stood, slipping the book into the empty available space as I walked, nearing Diaval with a hopeless smile.

   Deciding to relax more in my home and The Moors finally free from my curse, I wore a black dress shirt and black pants and black boots, you know, to match my burnt goat horns and green skin. Diaval decided to change his attire too after Quincy's arrival.

   He went a little more casual but at the same time still simple, still in his black code, however. And as for Carina, I conjured her a few outfits she might like and day by day, when I had an idea spark, I would conjure her a new one without her asking. She didn't complain, she didn't say thank you, she didn't say anything.

   Not that I expected her to do so, I knew she wasn't going to say anything to me, it felt worse than not having her in the castle at all. In all honesty, I actually liked the times where I can just send Diaval to watch over her for the day and come back to me and report her condition and what she had done, even though it was the same thing on most days, somehow, I don't get bored.

Just hearing Diaval report to me she is doing just fine soothes me.   "Mal, I think it's best if you tell her you're that dragon, you haven't gotten the opportunity to do it ever since you met her," Diaval suggested, standing on his feet as he began to stare at me for quite some time. I was about to respond to him, but the sorrow in his eyes somehow moved me.

   "Please, Mal, maybe it could lighten Carina a bit. I miss how she smiles at us like when she met us, before she knew about us. I know she's happy taking care of Quincy but she isn't . . . her."

   "What if this does not work?"

   "Take her shield, sword and horse back here, give her the chance to roam around The Moors, take turns taking care of Quincy, but do not spell her if she only gets worse, I will not tolerate with you about that."

   And with that, I called for Carina and told her to give Quincy to Diaval for just a few moments. It took me quite a while for me to convince her, especially when she didn't want to talk or even let out a word escape.

   I took her out on the castle's large courtyard outside, she only stands with a straight and bland face, arms folded as she watches me with boredom.

   My heart breaks once again when she hasn't even said anything until this very second to me. The last words she said to me were . . . "Now I know why they call you the evil fairy of The Moors." The pain was too much as I let the tears, like a woman, trail down my cheekbones and hang by my chin. I hiccup and broke down to my knees.

   "If you're just going to bring me out here just so I can watch you cry, I'll be going back inside."

   I raise my head quickly, surprised she actually said a word to me. She rolls her eyes.

   "I'm not voiceless, you dimwit. Stop crying, I thought you were the master of all evil?" She mocks, raising an eyebrow at me.

   "Carina, I just want to apologize for what I did to you, from the very first start. When I didn't tell you who I was until you lost your title as captain of an army until that day where I pushed you away with my powers until you were hurt," I cry out. "And I'm sorry I haven't revealed my true self you first know me as."

   "What in the world do you--"

   I transformed. I was a dragon. The same dragon Carina first saw me as.

   She stares at me as she nears me, holding out her hand. I stay still as she began to pat my head.

   "You're a fool, aren't you?"

-fIN-