"I'll see you in class, okay, Carly?" Blair said to me, finally letting me go. "Be careful and call whenever you need me."

"Thank you. And yes, I'll see you then." I replied.

Be careful, Blair said.

My dream from last night played through my mind and I rubbed my chest, remembering the way the knife hit me. I had woken up in a sweaty mess, shaking to the bones, from the nightmare. But all I did was lay there and observe the ceiling until I fell back to sleep again.

I was torturing myself with thoughts like: "Who was that woman kissing Blake?", "Does Blake have a secret girlfriend?", "They looked so happy together."

The sick thing was, I wasn't at all interested in the black-hooded figure that was the lead role in my dream. Instead, I was more hurt about what happened with Blake.

After a few more goodbyes, they left. I went straight to Blair's old bedroom which will now be temporarily mine.

She left the covers, blankets, and pillows on the bed along with other furnitures that she didn't need because Aiden had similar ones. All I had to do was fill up the closet with my clothes and the bathroom with my toiletries.

"Ready for class?" Blake was leaned up against my door, watching me as I hung up a few clothes.

"Yup." I popped.

He had to watch over me, it didn't mean we had to be friends. As far as I know, we stopped being friends the second he told me to leave.

I could still feel him watching me but didn't say anything else. I finished hanging up my casual clothing and just dumped my undergarments and PJs in the drawers.

"Do you need help?" he asked. He still didn't move from his spot.

"Nope." I kept reminding myself about the decision I made about moving on from Blake. Hopefully, if I'm short as possible, he would get the hint and leave.

"Are you mad about something?"

"Nope."

Within seconds, he had crossed the room and had a gently grip 

on my wrist. The simple touch made me crave for so much more but the pleasure wasn't enough to mask the pain he had caused me.

The memory of him completely rejecting me right after he unknowingly took my one sacred thing has traumatized me. It had hurt me to the point where I felt numb. And after everything that has happened lately, I was on the verge of depression but I wasn't weak. That's why I have to keep my head up and my heart away from Blake Bradley.

"Carly, I know when you're lying." Blake's hazel eyes had changed from a brown color to a darker gray. Knowing him, it was either he was aroused or angry. Obviously, he was mad. "Tell me what's wrong."

I stared at him for a moment. He was unbelievably perfect. Even though he wasn't smiling, I could see the little dip of skin where his dimple lies. His nose was slightly crooked from the fights he had been in in his teen years, showing a bad boyish side. His lips were curved into a frown but nothing in the world looked more kissable than his mouth.

I tore my gaze away from his lips and ripped my arm out of his grasp. I couldn't believe that someone, who I thought was incredibly perfect, could just selfishly shatter my heart into pieces.

"What's wrong is if we don't leave right now, I'll be late for class." I said.

I didn't wait for him. I took my purse and books from the nearby shelf and walked out of the bedroom. I heard him shuffle through his room to get what he needed while I was slipping on my shoes in the foyer.