"I knew you would say that." She sighed and looked up at the sky. There was a long pause, before she started to speak. "I have killed many wicked beings." She confessed. He looked at her, eyebrow raised.

"So have I." He stated. She knew he killed many humans, most of them were evil. Because of this, she trusted him.

"That's why I believe you, of all the people on this earth, would understand me for who -- or what-- I truly am." She told him. Lowering her gaze from the sky, she looked at the man seriously. "There was a war, long ago." She started to tell her story. "A foolish girl broke something of great power, and it was her duty to piece it back together. In the end, after all the blood shed and chaos that she caused, she was still only a fool. A weak, useless, fool. She felt pity, and spared her greatest enemy." She sighed, and looked at her hand. There was a long pause before he spoke.

"What are you saying?" He questioned.

"I am not human." She told him. He frowned at her words. Not human, that probably sounded stupid to him. "I am human, yet my body has powers that can far exceed that of any normal human, even you, Hiko."

"Even me." He snorted. "Hard to believe that. If you haven't noticed, I'm not just a normal man." She laughed at his words.

"You are human Hiko. Every human has limits, even you." He grumbled, and she smiled. "You seem to be taking this well." She noted. He ignored her comment and brushed it aside. Of course he was, like he said, he wasn't any normal man after all.

"So, are you saying other beings are out there, like demons?" She nodded. He placed his hand under his chin, in thought. "Does that mean there are devils and angels too? Cause if you're trying to preach to me, I'm not going to buy it." He stated. His words made her laugh again.

"I'm not getting into that." She told him. "But I am a Miko, a pure blood priestess, and they say our powers are use to purify demons, and the souls of the wicked."

"A Miko." He sighed. "Tell me again, why are you saying all of this to me?" He asked.

"Because I know it was wrong to hide this fact away from Kenshin, but I knew he would probably fear me. But you-- you are different. You are the great Hiko after all, you're sexy, and kind, and handsome, and good looking, and funny, and--" Her words made another smirk appear on his handsome face. "I thought you would understand, and hopefully except who I am."

"So... You're a demon."

"Miko." She corrected.

"And you fly around--"

"We don't fly."

"Saving demons."

"Purifying them"

"And you expect me to believe that you-- a demon--"

"Miko."

"Suddenly fell from the sky--"

"I walked."

"And got attracted to my stupid apprentice--"

"..."

"And you now decided to confess yourself, to me, because you think I'm strikingly good looking?"

"(-_-)"

"That is not even close to what I said!" She huffed, crossing her arms across her chest. He laughed at her childish behavior.

He stared at the ground, before sighing. Several minutes passed and they stood there in silence. Kagome was slightly nervous, wondering what he would say. What if he thinks she is a monster? Will he accept her? She was starting to have second thoughts about telling him. She didn't want him to fear her, or call her a monster. If he thought of her that way-- It would break her heart. It was too late to go back now. Yet her heart was racing, thrashing against her chest. She sighed and lowered her head. A strong pat on her back, made her look up. He grinned at her, and pulled out his Sake bottle.