CHAPTER 1

It's raining, again. The tiny droplets of rain water patted on my face, making my eyelashes look thicker and curvier: they slowly slide down my forehead, to my nose and finally to the ground. The perfect-look-like eyeliner was melting around my eyes and my English rose lipstick was misting down. Though I took a shower this morning, my hair looks like as if it was brushed with grease. Behind my back, the tips of my long hair were crying, wetting my brand-new dress. The Persian blue dress stuck against my body and the white ribbon around my waist lied down like a corpse. A pair of black high heeled shoes were soaking under my trembling and weak feet.

It's my unlucky day, again. The huge doors slammed behind my back and the guards were shoving me. My devastated eyes could read the bold heading on the paper: "WE ARE SORRY, BUT YOU DID NOT PASS THE FIRST STAGE OF THE INTERVIEW" as unsteady hands kept shaking. As a 17 year old, who left school, I keep struggling to pass an interview and have a decent job. My blurry thoughts kept reminding me that my parents must have left me because I am a useless nuisance who followed them everywhere.

As the calm wind breeze brushes by my face, slowly my fragile legs start walking. Every step I make, I feel sadder and think I am a piece of trash laying on the floor. Right when I feel crying my head bumps into someone hard; but the unmannered stranger just walks past by me without apologising. I could feel my blood boiling as I turn around towards him, who was walking too fast while looking around like a lost puppy. "HEY YOU! YOU RUDE BRICK. AT LEAST APOLOGISE FOR NOT LOOKING WHERE YOU WERE STEPPING!" I shouted from the bottom of my voice. The tall stranger turned towards me; droplets of sweat were flowing down his face; he had small but big and catching eyes. On his sides, there were two big rather pointy ears like elves. He had a fair skin; his lips were of a pinkish colour. "Did he put lipstick on? Ehh? Since when did guys put lipsticks in public!" I smirked devilishly; his looks created an "kingly" aura. I wonder where I saw him, slowly my mouth opens and stutter "Are you Ch.."