The Parallel Between Worlds (Edited)

~Parallel Dimension~

The world seemed to materialize before Naruto, or perhaps he materialized within the world. The transport only lasted a few moments, the flash only being present for a mere moment before returning to nothingness, as though it had never occurred in the first place.
Naruto breathed in the scent of blood, his blood to be precise, and quickly followed the scent. Grabbing his corpse, he speedily dug a hole before dumping his own regurgitated corpse into the dirt and covering it back up, stomping the dirt to pad it down. Wiping the dirt, saliva, and vile from his pant legs, he stood, dashing into a sprint, in search for his new "team".

He found the pair on a high branch capable of overlooking the surrounding area, almost level with the canopy, but both starred upwards at some unseen force, not acknowledging Naruto's newfound presence. A large snake sprang forwards, jaw open and prepared to ensnare the two whole, just as its brethren had done to his counterpart from this dimension. Naruto wanted to slash into it, claw its eyes out, stab it, but he knew that this world's version of him wouldn't do that, nor be able to.

In the end, he merely used a kunai to detour the great beast, the small-in-comparison-blade piercing easily through the tough scales. If anyone took the time to analyze the action, they'd noticed that the blade, on its own, should have been incapable of the action, unable to penetrate the thick, battle-hardened scales of the matured snake nor was it immune to the velocity the snake had given it when it had been deflected. In truth, the blade should have snapped from the force, yet it hadn't been marred by the defensive attack, no bend ruining its sharp, straight surface.

The reason behind such odd durability, sharpness, and force the blade maintained was the thin coating of translucent chakra, just beyond the viewable capability of the naked eye, one that only lasted until impact but allowed for the blade to imbed itself multiple feet within the creature thick tissue, the gash itself far larger than the blade would have allowed.

The snake made an odd screech and hiss mix at the burning sensation of the chakra as it fizzled heatedly through its reddening, exposed flesh, the creature's healing factor disabled due to the nature of the chakra. The creature lost focus, eyes clouding with pain as it missed its targets, colliding powerfully into the thick stem of a neighboring tree, shacking the leaves for a few moments before subsiding into near stillness. Naruto wanted to laugh at the humorous scene but felt the situation to be a serious one and not one that allowed his amusement.

"The hell were you doing, Uchiha?" Naruto demanded in distaste. In question, Sasuke turned to Naruto as the blonde landed easily on the branch, now standing a short ways away from the raven. Sasuke held a look in his eyes, one of surprise, lingering horror, and an odd blankness of defeat, as though the boy had given something up and abandoned his cause for fear of a greater loss. Naruto wrinkled his nose as if in response to a foul odor.

"Wipe that look off your face, it's disgusting." Naruto hissed. He had to admit that badmouthing this version of Sasuke made him feel better about what the raven had put him through, but that didn't help an odd guilt, like a small voice in the back of his mind, over taking his aggression out on someone who hadn't been the true source of his pain, one of the last shreds of his maintained morality.

Sasuke's dull eyes finally snapped into focus, scowling at the blonde's sudden incline of confidence and attitude, not wanting to admit his jealousy and amazement of the blonde's actions.

"Oh, shut up, dobe." Sasuke retorted snidely. Naruto smirked internally to himself at how easy this all had gone, how swift he was to replace the other version of himself, and how the others hadn't noticed the obvious differences. It seemed that, despite whatever changes this world held, these two had never been close to the Naruto of this world. Now, they would never have the chance to befriend the one who had longed so desperately to please and love.