“Sorry” Erika muttered and began wiping her entire mouth with the napkin until the chocolate was gone. They stared at each other for a couple of seconds then looked away. Erika swirled the whipped cream on her Frappuccino and drank it slowly while Sid rubbed his thumb at the edge of the table, unsure of what to do.

Sid began clearing his throat he knew he had to say something else soon.

“I’m sorry” Erika looked at him calmly as if she’d expected his apology and when she didn’t say anything Sid continued.

“I’m sorry for leaving you, I’m sorry you had to be on your own, I’m sorry I lied to you. I’m sorry-“

“Stop” Sid looked up at her through his eyelashes and found her dark blue eyes filled with anger.

“If I heard another apology from you I will rip your tongue out feed them to my neighbour’s dogs and feed those dogs to the vultures.” Erika threatened. Sid chuckled at her words while Erika tried her best to look threatening but the small smile betrayed her and she found herself laughing at her own words.

Sid’s smile was very contagious and she can’t help but smile back as she remembered the good ‘ol days. Suddenly their laughter’s died down and the Erika looked at him seriously.

“I missed you” Erika looked at Sid with those puppy eyes that probably made loads of boys fall at her feet. Sid gave her a sad smile.

“I know, I missed you too”

“Then why did you leave?” Erika played with her chocolate cake trying to look at anywhere but him. It hurts her to see him again but at the same time it made her happy.

“You know I had to” Sid looked down on his coffee. Erika eyed him as if she was looking for any signs he might be lying then nodded when she found none. Erika finished off her cake and drank half of her drink.

“I guess you’re right. You chose to be with your family. I chose to be on my own. I used to think it’d be us against the world but I guess it was just a childish dream” Erika felt the tears spring in her eyes but she bit them back and distracted herself by sipping her coffee.

Sid looked at her again. If he knew this would happen to her when he’d left her then he wouldn’t have thought about leaving her again but he also know his family needed him, especially Jason.

 They began talking about simple things, trying to avoid the topic two months ago. They laughed and joked and talked like two months never happened. Then Erika began telling him about how she’s trying to move on and she told him about Jason. Sid stiffened but he nodded and smiled anyways. He didn’t tell her he was his step- brother.

Sid was hurt to find out what she had to do to survive. Sid gripped his half empty coffee tightly it splattered all over his hands and some on his clothes. Erika gave him more napkins to wipe away the coffee. The coffee was already cold so it didn’t burn him.

“If I find those men I’ll kill them” Sid muttered. Erika looked at him with concerned eyes. She cupped his cheek and made him look at her.

“Hey, stop I had to do what I have to do. It’s fine I’m already over it” Erika waved it off. Sid’s eyebrows furrowed.

“There could’ve been another way. You could’ve told me I would’ve helped you.” Sid reached for her hands and this time she didn’t flinch away.

“It’s okay Sid, I knew I couldn’t save it until marriage I’d had to lose it sometime and it’s better to lose it to him than to those guys”

“Besides, it was fun. I enjoyed it anyways” Erika sipped her drink but frowned when she found out it was empty.

“You could’ve given it to me” Sid muttered silently a light blush tainting his cheeks at the thought while hoping she wouldn’t hear it.

“You Sid? Really? Well if you didn’t leave me I might’ve” Erika thought carefully while Sid smiled hopefully.

“Really?” He asked. Erika smirked and her tome became serious.

“No of course not” Sid pouted while Erika laughed at him.

“Sorry. It’s just well.. now that I’ve lost it, it didn’t seem like a big deal to me anymore, but why I chose him? I don’t know. It’s like there’s some unknown sexual tension pulling me to him. It’s confusing really” Erika frowned. Sid tapped his chin thinking thoughtfully until a mischievous smirk escaped his lips.

“Does that mean I can have the second round?” Sid asked jokingly. Erika faked shock.

“Are you trying to get inside my pants?” She asked flirtatiously. Sid smirked.

“You were the one who brought it up” Erika giggled and got up from her seat, Sid followed. When they reached his car he opened the door for her. They both talked casually as Sid took her home.

“You know you could just live with me again so you don’t have to struggle to pay rent” Erika smiled at him kindly.

“Thanks for the offer but I kinda like being on my own” When they reached the door to her apartment Erika leaned in and kissed his cheek.

“Thanks for the coffee and the cake. I had a great time. It’s really nice to see you again” Erika said. Sid rubbed the back of his neck as he felt the heat rush to his face and a fire burn through his skin where her lips touched her.

“Yeah, you’re welcome.” He muttered as he stared at his feet. Erika giggled again and went inside her apartment but looked back at him/

“Oh and Sid” She said softly Sid almost didn’t hear her

He looked back to her behind his shoulder. “Yeah?”

“The answer your question a while ago about round two… Maybe” She winked back at him and closed the door. Sid just stared at her dumbfounded.

Round two what round two? Sid thought. All the way back to the apartment Sid kept thinking about what she meant until he finally reached his bedroom did he get it.

“Does that mean I can have the second round?” Sid asked jokingly. Erika faked shock.

“Are you trying to get inside my pants?” She asked flirtatiously. 

“The answer your question a while ago about round two… Maybe” She winked back at him and closed the door.

Sid grinned from ear to ear he didn’t even pay attention to the cabinet on his way that he accidentally stubbed with his big toe and earned him a small groan.

A/N

so yeah that's what happened on their so called 'date' Sid and Erika has a complicated relationship but don't worry I know the story is progressing slowly but I'll make sure to add more Jason and Erika into the next chapters.

Tell me what you think. comment?

The Mystery Virginजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें