“It’s ok. You said it yourself, you’re creatures of habit. He has to do something to sustain himself,” I said.  It was a total lie. The thought of Harry being with someone else when he wouldn’t even be with me stung. “So...is it the same with females?”

“We all have to feed, love.”

“I understand that. I meant...do female vampires go about it the same way?”

“Well, we don’t know...we’re not female,” Liam joked.

“I’m sure when you become one of us, you’ll figure out what works best for you,” Louis commented as his phone went off. “Shit. Excuse me.”

Niall and Liam exchanged a look before turning back to me.

“Any other questions, pet?”

“Can I get you something to eat?”

Niall looked anxious again. Liam asking to provide me with food was the tip off, “What’s going on?”

“Nothing...nothing at all.” They both shrugged.

“Why don’t I trust what you’re telling me?”

“We’ll tell you if it’s anything important,” Liam said patting my hand.

“Alright, well...I’m going to go to bed. Please wake me if something happens.” I carried my cup to the sink and rinsed it. Louis was pacing back and forth on the patio. I couldn’t hear what he was saying, but it was definitely a heated conversation. I had to trust that if something was wrong with Harry they’d tell me.

“Goodnight,” I said softly before leaving the room.

When I got to the bedroom, I opened the door to my balcony a little to see if I could hear what was going on.

“Well, if you were there, then you knew she was safe!  If you don’t like how she’s being protected, maybe you need to return to her,” Louis growled out. “How do you think she is !?!??  She misses you...”

I closed the door quietly, not wanting to hear anymore of the conversation. I’d heard enough. Harry was in still in New Orleans, but avoiding me and the mansion.

I prepared for bed and slipped under the covers.

“I’d come for you...” I whispered into the air as if he might hear me.

~LWTY~

I danced in the crowd. Bodies rubbing against each other to the rough beat of the song. The air thick with heat and sweat.

Happiness radiated through me.

I didn’t feel alone. No one wants to go it on their own. Everyone wants to know they’re not alone.
I didn’t know anyone, but I didn’t feel alone.

The cool air hit my skin as I started to turn. The whole atmosphere changed in the room. I opened my eyes and the crowd had parted, stepping away from me.

That’s when I saw him.

He was glorious.  Long curls framing his face. Tight black jeans, expensive harnessed boots and a blood red shirt.  Strength. Control. Sex. He looked hungry. 

I started towards him and then stopped in my tracks.

Lifting his hand out to me, he stood straight. His head raised in authority.

I reached out as my body moved toward him on its own. He took my hand, raising it gently. His soft lips pressed lightly on the top of it as he looked at me with hooded eyes.