Chapter 3 - Rejections On and On

Cassandra Daniels

"Hi." I managed to get out before I straightened myself and cleared my throat," I am Cassandra Daniels. You can call me Cassie or Cass." But no one can call me Cassandra or Sandra because only Chris can.

"Ah yes. I do know your name. As a matter of fact, I am your fiancé. So if you don't mind-"

I have to stop him. I feel the bond strengthening. If I don't reject him, Chris will get hurt in the process. I want to bear Chris's children. It has to be me. Here I go. I took a deep breath," Look. As a matter of fact," I quoted him," I am engaged to a man I love so I can't be with you. I can't, not even if you are a prince or anything of higher status. I love Chris and we are talking about children already. You can't ruin it by coming out of nowhere."

His smile disappeared and his eyes grew sad. I felt my heart pull at the sight of his face and I closed my eyes to avoid his eyes. "I, Cassandra Daniels, reject you, Ash Winters as my mate." I felt the bond snap in half before Ash fell to his knees and cried out in pain.

He coughed up blood and stared at me with betrayal in his eyes." How...c-could you...." His eyes rolled to the back before he fainted. I felt tears prick at the corner of my eyes before I called for a wolf to bring him upstairs into a guest room.

*

"Is he alright?" My mom came rushing into the room. Her hair disheveled, her lipstick smudged. I glanced at her weirdly and she cleared her throat before fixing her hair and wiping the lipstick off her lips with her jacket.

"He's fine. I rejected our bond and he coughed up blood. The doctor says that it's normal for mates to cough up blood when mates reject them."I explained.

"Rejection?" My mom echoed before she looked at me with a panicked expression," Did you just reject the Prince?" She ran a hand through her already messy hair," Oh god. She will be pissed."

"Who, mom?" I asked. Great, more bad news.

"His mother. Who do you think? I may be the Queen of the Elf World but I am only in charge of a certain type of elves. There are four types of elves. Ash here belongs to the Frost elves who control frost. We belong to the Fire Elves who control fire. There are also the Earth Elves and the Air Elves." She explained before she sighed," Oh god." She sat down on a chair and groaned.

My father came into the room with messy hair and lipstick on his neck. My eyes widened as I put the pieces together and glanced back and forth between my mother and father." No way....." I shook my head," Are you guys together again?"

"Well..." My father started but he trailed off and silence drifted between us. He cleared his throat and changed the subject," How's he? Will he wake up soon?"

"Yeah. About in a half an hour or so. Mom, really? I thought you hated dad." I still couldn't believe they wouldn't tell me that they were back together. I was their first born child so shouldn't I be the first to know about this? "Do other people know about this between you two?"

"Amos and his wife." My father said before my mother could put a hand to his mouth. He flinched at my glare," Honey, I am sure there are much better things to do now than this fight. It won't do us both good. We should probably get going...." He nodded at me before he quickly disappeared with my mother in tow. I gaped at them in shock and rolled my eyes before a smile appeared on my face. That went well.

Chris appeared ten minutes later while I wiped Ash's forehead with a wet towel since he couldn't stop sweating. My skin accidentally brushed against his skin and small sparks erupted. I gasped and pulled back, Ash woke up and his eyes glew a bright silver before he turned to me," You.....you rejected me. Why do you touch me?"