Used To This Marriage

Start from the beginning

"Its a form for you to fill on after you've observed a surgery"

"oh cool" I said while filling it in quickly.

"Well I better go" I said giving him the form

"ok, good work today"

"thanks"

Allhamdilulah I was doing so well, I went outside and made my way to my other home.

I slowly turned my key in the door and went upstairs, I wanted to surprise Jahamine. "hello" I said "anyone home!" I shouted.

Well seeing as Jahmaine wasn't home, I thought I've give him an even bigger surprise, he had no idea I was coming today I went into the bathroom and had a quick shower, I moisturized my skin and put on some black lace tights and a nice black tubed dress, I re-did my makeup, and curled my hair, I then sprayed some nice perfume I sat on the bed waiting for Jahmaine to come, in the meantime I read a magazine.

10 minutes later I heard the door open and someone come upstairs and Into the bedroom, Jahmaine came in and started smiling.

"well hello there, I wasn't expecting you back till later, this is a surprise" he said taking off his shoes

"hey" I said back, he put his hands into his pocket and walked forward slowly.

"Your looking nice" he said sitting on the bed

"not too bad yourself" I said pretending to pay him no attention, he moved closer and sat right in front of me.

"You smell nice" he whispered,

"Don't I always?" I said

"of course you do, unlike me, my shirt is filled with sweat.", he said taking off his shirt and chucking at me.

"Ewww" I said taking it off me and chucking it on the floor

"Thought you could wash it for me" he said

"Oh yeah sure I'll do that now" I said getting of the bed, he then grabbed my arm

"Later" he said

I started laughing as he kissed me.

"Our walimas on saturday" Jahmaine said putting on a black ralphie shirt.

"I Already got my dress" I said

"I Already got my tux" he said

"Oh can I see It?" I said

"Errr......Nuh!" he said

"why not?" I said

"because" he said

"because what?"

"because", I scoffed and got up from the bed, I put on my blue waterfall dress.

"Where you going babe?" He asked

"Downstairs, Im hungry" I said walking out the door, I grabbed my dress and put it on and then walked downstairs.

"Asalam aleikum" I said smiling to Hadija who just walked through the front door.

"Waleikum salam" she said. I walked over to the kitchen and boiled some water into a pot,

"Thai chicken curry for dinner?" I asked

"yeah" Hadija said "I'll help" she said washing her hands.

"Just boil some water and get the rice going I'll season the chicken" I said

"It's nice to see you here, I really missed you" Hadija said

"Aww thanks love, Its nice to see you too" I said

While the dinner was cooking, I sat in the kitchen revising for my exam coming up very soon.

"Hmmm, then cut the umbilical cord" I said to myself writing down the answer.

Dr Nelson had talked to me about being a doctor If I do another year course working at the hospital, I decided to take the offer so I filled out the admission form and put it in a white envelope.

"hey" Jahmaine said entering the kitchen and kissing my cheek.

"hi" I said concentrating on my work.

"What you doing?" Jahmaine said

"Work, Coursework, Revising" I said, he came and picked up a piece of paper.

"Doctor" He said examining the paper.

"Yep, what do you think?" I said getting up grabbing the paper.

"Another year in Uni?" he said even more shocked.

"Yep....What do you think?" I said more slower

"£2,500!" He said shouting

"Yess Jahmaime I'm spending another year in Uni to become a doctor and a fees of £2,500!" I said letting out a loud sigh.

"Oh" he said, Is that all he could say?, 'oh'.

"Oh?" I said

"Yeah I mean Im totally cool with It, Is dinner ready?" He asked

"Does It look ready?" I said sarcastically, stupidly falling for my sarcasm he actually went over to check if the food was ready, I just rolled my eyes and sighed face palming myself.

"It's not ready" he said

"oh darn" I said, going back to revising

"Well I'm gonna go the masjid for a bit, I'll be back soon Inshallah" he said

"Okay, see you later" I said hugging him.

As soon as he went I carried on revising for another hour or so, and crammed as much as I could, the food was then ready and I served everyones plate and put It on the table, Hadija came in with her Dad and they tucked straight Into the food, Jahmaine still wasn't back.

"This is food is delicious, mashallah" Jahmaines dad said.

"Jazakallah" I said smiling because I'd impressed his Dad

"Yes, better than mums food" Hadija said

"Way better" Jahmaines dad said, thats when Aunt Hibatu came in and stared at him.

"I meant, your food is better" Jahmaines dad said to her

"Yeah right" she said sitting down "Thanks for the food love"

"Your welcome" I said

"So how is the studies going?" Jahmaines dad asked,

"Its going really well Allhamdilulah" I replied

"We'll be having 2 doctors in the family soon" Hadija said

"Inshallah" He said.

It was nice bonding with Jahmaines family they were really good people.

After dinner I washed up the dishes and tried contacting Jahmaine but he still hadn't come home, It was half past 8, and Jahmaine left at quater to 7, where could he be?, was It strange that I was the only one that was worried, everyone was upstairs doing there own things while I sat on the stairs waiting for him. The door handle finally turned and Jahmaine came in.

"Where have you been?" I asked walking up to him

"I got called in for work, and my phone ran out of battery, sorry to worry you" he said

"Oh, I wasn't worried" I said in denial

"Yeah right" he said kissing me cheek

"Your foods in the microwave" I said

"Thanks but let me have a shower first" Jahmaine said going upstairs. I was actually getting really used to this wife thing, I thought It'd be so hard, but It really wasn't, Jahmaine was a really chill lay-back guy, and so was I, therefore we wouldn't have any problems as we both didn't like to complicate things.