Run, Run, Run! (Day Sixteen)

Ricky

Artemis Davis' name left my mouth a lot of the time. I couldn't help but repeat it over and over again after she told me. It was strong and beautiful just like her. Artemis Davis spent a lot of her time adventuring libraries and often went on dates with me smelling like old books. Her smile looked like fireworks exploding and when she laughed the heat on my face reminded me of the warmth before rainfall. Artemis Davis had eyes that melted the coldest of people but she didn't love herself like I wished. She doesn't understand that she is just a hurricane of grouchy brows, sunrise smiles, and breath taking moments. She is all to me.

"Sorry I'm late Ricky, had to fix up the truck before I got you. Something about my tire was off and when I checked three nails were in it" she rushed around the table and pecked my cheek before sitting down and beaming at me.

"It's okay Artemis, I'd rather you be late then not see you at all" I smiled. My fingers tapped restlessly on my camera, waiting for the moments she'd be off guard.

"Don't even think about it punk" she smirked, trapping my hand under her own.

I finally learned why Artemis had calloused hands when I came over on day six. Her mother pointed me to the backyard and when outside I was amazed. Her frame kept flying back and forth on their lawn, a poorly made table in the middle. Not only did she make wood crafts she jumped, climbed and did all around dangerous stuff for the sport of parkour.

"I always will" I smiled lazily back grasping her warm hand into mine.

"So how has school been lately?" she asked shyly, picking at the food I ordered for her with one hand and still holding my own in the other.

"Alright, haven't gotten into any fights lately. I actually haven't made any bad choices at all. It's getting quite boring" I frowned staring down at my own burger.

I contemplated letting go of her hand just to take a few bites but decided against it. The warmth of her hand seemed better than eating food. Like she read my mind she let her hand slip to her side and beckoned to my food with her eyes. I picked it up while grumbling and took a sad bite.

"The same goes for me. Why don't you bring everyone over later and we could discuss some Halloween ideas" she grinned mischievously, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Sounds good!" we finished our meals and talked a while longer until her duties called and she left, leaving me with a warm impression of her lips on my cheek.

I have never kissed Artemis Davis' lips. I'd wait eternity to feel the plump lips on my own because I didn't know where she started nor ended. I'd rather know what she thinks about at four in the morning when she's still awake. I'd rather be her drunk calls and good morning texts. Artemis Davis' was the definition of beautiful in my eyes and I'm in no rush to grow out her faze.

I smiled as I walked home, smiling like an idiot while doing so because the excitement to see Artemis for a few more hours was unreal. I had an hour to kill so I took a sharp left and headed straight to the twin's house. Like usual when I let myself in there was screaming and lots of it. It wasn't even angry I'm going to kill you screaming. Their tones were just louder than most and  that's how the communicated in this house.

"Not a robber, just Ricky!" I tried yelling over their voices, even louder screaming returned my call.

"Get your butt up here" Anna screamed from the attic, the clanking from her heels being heard from down here.

The twin's were mildly wealthy with their two story house not including their joint attic bedroom. I ran up to see what all the fuss was about and started tearing up when I finally got into their room. There was a devil trap painted right in the middle of the room... again. Don't get me wrong both were fans of the hit show but they argued about the thickness of the lines of certain symbols and the circumference of the circle.