Run, Run, Run! (Day Six)

Artemis

"Guys, this is Artemis!" Ricky smiled that beautiful smile of his when we walked up to his friends.

His hand clasped mine reassuringly as his thumb created small circles on my own. There was a legitimate minute where they all looked me up and down, the girls sizing me up and the guys looking very pleased with the date their friend brought to this party. The they all turned around and created a football huddle. Their soft mummers made my heart pound and with the splash of color on my face I felt trapped in my own body.

"It's okay, they like you" he smiled in my ear.

Ricky Francisco didn't smoke cigarettes because he enjoyed them. He smoked them to die faster. His green hair was always so vibrant and messy, his eyes always wide with wonder and excitement. He liked nibbling on the ripping skin next to his thumbs and there was always some sort of camera on his person because he loved capturing the small moments. Like now as I chewed on my lip relentlessly and stared at his friends I heard the snap of his Polaroid.

"God you're beautiful" he smiled after it developed, staring down into his hand.

"He's right, you know?" they finally turned back around with bright smiles and grins. The girl that spoke had a set of really sharp canines in her mouth and both her eyes were blocked out with black contact lenses. I blushed and grabbed his hand tightly so he couldn't run if he wanted to.

"I'm Rain. This is Joseph, my lovely boyfriend"

"Hello" He grinned and stepped closer grasping my other hand and shaking it vigorously. I took them both all in with one go. Rain looked very theatrical but beautiful even with the killer veneers and lenses. Joseph had stain of oil starting at his hands going to his jeans. Shop worker.

"I'm Anna, we kind of met at school and this is my sidekick Pete" They both stepped up and hugged me, their scents reminding me of the woods. Anna is absolutely eye catching. Her almost white hair hung down near her bust and her eyes reminded me of Ricky's hair. I knew Joseph for only his hyena laugh and silver/white hair.

"I'm Adam, Anna's twin" the boy that spoke could have fooled me. Unlike his siblings blonde hair his was as dark as a raven's feather.  He was taller and muscular, tattoos racing along his arms. There was a sort of softness to his hand and a light glint in his eye that showed gentleness even with his appearance. The only thing that was alike was how beautiful they both were and those interesting green eyes.

"I'm Ryan" the youngest one out of all of us smiled, glasses perched on his face. His eyes were slightly red and there was a joint tucked behind his ear, the smell of cigar wrap on his body when he hugged me.

"Why are we just standing here, I don't want to remember my name!" Adam cheered and threw a arm over his  twins shoulders, dragging her to the keg. Pete nabbed Ryan's waist with his hand and yanked him closer, pecking him on his temple. We followed next, a cigarette in my mouth being ready to be lit at any moment. Anna passed me a red cup when I got close enough but I just cradled it to my chest, pawing at my pocket for my lighter.

"I'm going to go outside" I tried yelling over the music. Ricky just grinned "Don't make me wait too long"

I hurried through the large arrangement of grinding bodies and scurried through the back door.  There was less people out here making me breathe easier but once I heard that obnoxious voice I love so dearly I calmed down. Even if I didn't condone what he was talking about.

"So I had her upside down..." I followed the voice more to the side of the house where guys stood in the dark, only the light of their cherries seen. "She was screaming my name so loud that I had to gag her with her own bra"

"As if" I grinned before hurling myself at him.

Meet my older brother Apollo, a 19 year old freshman in college that has a tendency to visit and not tell anyone. Even though most of my high school troubles were caused because of him (Angela and most of my teachers hating me)  I loved him to bits and pieces. I had him in a headlock at this point, tussling that perfect hair of his.

"Only assholes don't tell their favorite sister that they're coming down" I sang letting him rise to his full height.

"Sorry Art, these are my roommates Jarrod and Martin. Jarrod, Martin this is my little sister Artemis" I nodded at both of them but turned back to the large man. "Why the hell are you at a high school party?" I asked, my eyebrows shooting up.

"I could ask the same thing" he smirked, throwing his arm over my shoulder. "Now take me to the person that got my sister to socialize with someone her age. Onward!" he yelped tugging me back into the house. I sent pleading looks to his roommate but they just laughed and continued their conversation.

 "You slip away for a few seconds and you get a new boyfriend?" Ricky smiled, greeting my brother with a nod.

"It's a boy?" Apollo smirked, his eyes in a squinty fit.

"Yes, it's a boy" I smirked back reaching out for Ricky. "This is Apollo, Apollo this is Ricky"

Party in full swing everyone was on the dance floor Apollo demanded my first dance, dragging me away from my green haired beauty. I threw a apologetic smile his way but he just snapped another picture, smiling like he discovered something amazing. I didn't know what I was doing with my body parts but the beat was bumping. Apollo just laughed and tried following along, our asses shaking in sync at one point. Even with the loud rap playing he still saw it fit to pull me in for a elegant waltz and stared me sternly in the eyes.

"Is he worth it?" he asked as he dipped me. When I was yanked back up and spun I smiled.

"He is worth every star in the galaxy" he smirked.

"He's worth your time he's worth mine" I laughed as he spun me once more before he caught the eye of another young women.

"Got to jet, I'll see you later little sister" he hugged me before running off. I laughed all the way back to Ricky's lonesome figure and grabbed his hand.

Ricky Francisco loved moments like these because he liked the way my callused hands felt against his own. He loved when I smelt of tobacco smoke and perfume, he said it was the best of both worlds. Ricky Francisco was a three hundred paged book but I'm only a few lines in. He was a untouched world of creativity and wonder that I wanted to explore till the end of time.