Run, Run, Run! (Day Two)

Ricky

There was something about that girl. She is a definite firecracker but she kept it cool and controlled  most of the time. She looked so washed out from all the bullshit and stress from school but her eyes. Oh god those eyes were like a portal into a new world. A world I want to be lost in for the rest of my years. She spoke like my literature teacher, smooth and confident but when there were moments of a peaceful silence she'd bite her lip to stop her growing smile.  

"Excuse me for a second, I really need to use the restroom" she smiled that haunting smile and flounced off, a excited pop to her step.

I walked up to campus with a lit cigarette dangling from my lips, the smooth taste making my morning a little less shitty. I needed to come more or I'd be stuck in a room full of morons aka my friends in summer. I went through the first five periods avoiding them all but they all pounced when they saw me at my locker.

"Why the fuck are you avoiding us? Or trying to I might say so myself" Rain asked, her eyes reminding me so much of her older sister.

"Yeah you dirty punk" her boyfriend/ my best friend chimed in. I chuckled as I sized him up, the distressed jeans, grey t shirt with one too many grease stains, and leather jacket making him look like the dirty punk. I turned back to my stuff.

"I'm just trying to get shit done" I murmured trying to fish my economics book out without toppling over the mess in my locker.

"Holy shit that's the first time I've heard you talk quietly since fourth grade. You're hiding something. Let me guess, drugs?" Joe smiled, quirking up his eyebrows. Rain actually had brain function and stared me up and down, a small smile playing at her lips.

"It's a girl" she smiled, a romantic glint in her eyes. 

I shut my locker and turned towards them. "So what if it is?"

"Don't get strung up man, we won't scare her away" Rain smiled wider now, the werewolf veneers she had in today definitely noticeable now.

Joseph and Rain have been dating for seven years now, stuck at the hip even in our diaper days. Rain is the Hispanic Goddess of all special effects makeup, coming to school as a new mythological creature every week. Joe was just your average pea brained mechanic, the personality making up for everything he was at a loss for. These were the two closest people to me but there are others. There was the twins Anna and Adam, polar opposites in every way. The only thing they had alike was their manner to get whatever they want with a bat of a lash or the black mail they had on almost everyone in the school. The last man that crossed those two had 500 copies of his dick pic sent to his grandmother.

Moving on there's Ryan Cooper. Ryan was the youngest one being a sophomore and smoked the most pot. Even though you might think all his brain cells are dead, he's the most intelligent one out of all of us. Not but last least is his boyfriend Pete. He was just your average silver haired kleptomaniac with a heart of gold and the best laugh. We never questioned why he stole so much since his father was one of the main owners of the malls around here.

"I know you won't" I smiled at them before dashing to class.

I took my seat in between Pete and Anna right before Mr. Welts stomped in, his face looking more like a ape's every single day.

"Here's a packet. Shut up and do your work" he barked, slapping the stack of papers on everyone's desk. I growled in frustration and lay my cheek against the still warm papers.

"So who is she?" Anna smiled, turning towards me with a naughty glint in her eye. I never understood why Anna took the time to stick around us because she qhas everything that made every girl jealous. Great light looks she inherited from her father, the charm of their eldest brother, the fire of her mother and the ability to stay down to earth from her twin.