Run, Run, Run! (Day Thirty-Two)

Artemis

Ricky Francisco looked better dead, with his slashed throat and missing eye. Before any of you jump to conclusions Rain got her hands on all of us before the sun even peeped above the horizon. My shirt was ripped and stained in ways a shirt should not be and my stomach looked like it had been ripped open by a certain mouthful of teeth that I wouldn't  mind all over me. Ricky looked at my goofily with his fitted veneers that were sharp and stained while his eyes were completely white from the amazing contacts. I let my tongue run over my own as we sat in this comfortable silence together, curious students looking into my car.

"Happy Halloween Ricky Francisco" I smiled up at him from under my lashes.

"To you too my dear" his speech was slightly muffled from his teeth but still beautiful no matter what.

I've known Ricky Francisco for exactly thirty-two days and I didn't know I could invest so many feelings into him and the new group of friends I was adopted into. I couldn't say I loved him yet. It was close though. I remember this crushing feeling of complete warmth at the bottom of my stomach, the rapid pounding in my heart, and the way I felt like I was breathing underwater. I wanted to accept it completely this time. I will not push him away.

"You got to get to school, I'll see you at break?" I asked excitedly, watching his brown eyes sell with warmth.

"Of course Artemis" He leaned over a pecked my cheek before letting himself out. I dropped out the same time as him and watched him walk through the parking lot of students. He would growl and lunge at unsuspecting victims and their screams were music to my ears.

I did the same as I walked to the main building, lunging and growling at everyone that held my eyes for too long. "Awh look, Artemis is all dressed up. How cute" Angela cooed into my ear before sending my body into the lockers. It was weird to see her form being pushed into the same lockers and a familiar grumble of profanities.

"If you ever lay a hand on her again I'll know, stupid bitch" Anna growled as Rain held her down.

I stood straight up and hugged them both after their threatening. Anna's face looked like it was clawed somewhat off but she still looked beautiful. Rain dressed like a she demon today, her all leather look looking extremely cozy. 'What are you two doing here?" I asked, walking back outside with them.

"Oh just to check on some things before going to school" Rain said with a sly look in her eyes. Anna practically radiated mischievousness. I took a breath in when noticing they were in no way of telling me so I civilly said bye and sped to class.

My desk was surrounded by a lot of students, my curiosity sparking as I pushed through them. A bloody heart lay on my desk and their eyes landed on me before the backed away. I sticky note partially spattered with blood sat on it neatly.

There was this girl I've been skipping with since freshman year...

A yellow pass to leave was sitting next to the note. I picked it up with shaky hands and a excited grin. A arrow pointed towards the front of the class. On the black board stuck a note dead center.

I didn't know her... One of Ricky's doodles of himself crying made small giggle escape my lips. Another arrow towards the right. I met her my senior year though... This time it was a small picture of my cardigan covered in dirt and water. The arrow pointed to the door. She was so beautiful.

The picture looked grainy but I saw my own body standing out the window with my Romeo sign. There was a mini map with the library on it. I hitched up my stuff and pocketed everything, throwing the bloody heart into my bag. A hushed awh flushed through the classroom. I ran to the library with haste and stopped at the large double doors. Her name is Artemis Davis. She let me take her on a few dates.