23: All in This Together✔️

Music: Lets Go - Lensko

"So, who is this 'Shadow' person?" Jayde looked over from her bandaged wrist to her fox friend. Cleobella was now up and walking around. She did have minor memory loss, but that was only for a short while. Fortunately enough, Cleobella hadn't forgotten about Jayde - nothing could compare to how relived she was to hear that.

"What do you mean? You know who Shadow is." Jayde replied, walking over to sit on Cleobella's bed.

The blue female shook her head, "No, not really. I know that he's the hedgehog Adversity took over and I know that he's on your team – but who is he to you?"

The Protector flushed slightly at what the Ocheanian was suggesting, "What? We are just friends?"

"Yikes. I've heard Sonic friend zone himself – I never thought you would." Cleobella smirked, her emerald orbs lighting up slightly at Jayde's embarrassment, "You two do seem kind of... close."

"We are just friends," Jayde sighed, "Probably not even that anymore..."

Cleobella tilted her head and frowned, "What do you mean? What happened?"

Jayde fiddled with her fingers, looking down, "I had a nightmare about my past, and he comforted me. I was just so angry at myself, and I said some things that I didn't mean... and I can't take it back. He'll never forgive me."

At this moment, the pink hedgehog walked through the door and chuckled, "If you think Shadow will never forgive you for something, you don't know Shadow."

Cleobella watched as Amy busied herself in tidying the lab the Mobians were staying in. She still didn't know the rose female's name, but Jayde soon cleared that up for her, "Amy, what are you talking about?" Jayde sighed, falling back on the bed and putting am arm over her eyes, "You didn't see the flinch he made when I shouted at him. That pain crossed his face for one second until he returned to the emotionless person he was when I first met him."

Amy crossed her arms, "Shadow may seem like the grumpiest hedgehog on Earth. Others may think he's a stubborn, cold-hearted male with serious anger issues. But when you get passed all that, Shadow opens up more. He's secretly caring and passionate – especially for someone like you. Only, you can't see that."

Jayde scoffed, "You don't know what you're saying, Amy – Shadow hates me now. I can't even call him by his nickname."

"You are extremely naïve." Amy chuckled, "Why do you think he's been close to you ever since you joined our team? He's always watching you and helping you. If you think a small argument like this is going to break you apart, then you need to relook at your relationship with him."

Jayde looked at the pink hedgehog before covering her eyes again with her palms, "Adversity took him from me before I could say sorry. It's too late." She whispered.

Amy walked up to the mopping hedgehog and yanked her up, "Hey!" she snapped, making Jayde flinch, "You are Jayde the Hedgehog, the Protector of the Seven Shards. You're a strong, independent, soon-to-be agent for GUN – don't ever say it's too late." Jayde's orbs widened slightly as Amy continued, "Don't ever give up this fight, because I know that Shadow would never give up on you. Do you remember when you turned into your Negative form, when Raven took over? Shadow never gave up on you then, so don't give up on him now."

"I know you want him to return. I know you want the Shadow back from before. You want your Shadow back." Amy spoke, "And you're the only one who has the ability to bring him back. Not me, not Sonic, not any of the Moebians – you."

Jayde slumped her shoulders and looked down, "I don't know how I can do that."

Amy stared at her directly into her azure orbs, "I know that you can. Even if it may all see dark now, I know you'll find what you have to do." She stepped back, and everyone filed in behind her as she raised her hands – Sonic, Tails, Scourge, Miles, Rosy and Jaylee. All of them nodding, "We are all here to support you – and we won't stop until Shadow is back."

"And guess what," Sonic smirked, throwing up a gem, "Tails really is a genius."

"What is that?" Scourge asked, "I thought the Chaos Emerald were back on Mobius."

"Who said they were real?" Sonic smirked, grinning towards his proclaimed brother, before glancing at Jayde.

Jayde clenched her fists and smirked, nodding her head. Cerulean orbs glanced back to Cleobella, who nodded towards her friend, "Okay then," the Protector spoke. They were ready to battle. They were ready to turn wrong back to right, everyone fighting on the correct side for once. Nothing could go wrong now, "Let's get Shadow back."