8: All It Takes is for You - No! ✔️

Start from the beginning

"Why are you evil?" Jayde asked, standing straight but not letting her guard down.

"What are you talking about?" Jaylee snapped, "You don't know anything about me."

Jayde crossed her arms, "Well, you're fighting against the heroes and with the villains. I think your alliance is pretty self-explanatory."

The evil-twin ran at the Mobian, both throwing hits towards one another. "I am evil because I chose to be." Jaylee hissed.

"Why though?" Jayde asked, shoving her counterpart off her, "All it takes is a little bit of respect – a little bit of decency – and you'd be like me."

Jaylee stared up at her twin from her sitting position, "I... I..." she gritted her teeth, "I wouldn't ever want to be like you. I have my reasons for being like this and that's never going to change!"

Jaylee growled, returning to fight her Mobian lookalike. This was her first time on a big mission like this, despite being in Scourge's team for many years now. The green male took his time in trusting her to fight for him, even when Fiona was good friends with her. It took a while before he saw her as a strong female, and she wasn't about to be manipulated by a goody two shoes and have that ruined.

With Tails

The twin tailed fox was not far from their fight, quickly running towards them with his device bleeping at the strengthening Riots energy. Tails didn't realise Jayde had so much within her! Never before had the EGH been this active in finding her, but his readings were going crazy.

The other side of the problem was not knowing whether that energy would harm her. If all this energy was coming from the Protector, it could mean that there was something dangerously wrong. The other idea was that Moebius could have some form of Riots Crystal here too – and by the readings, it was definitely more powerful in this dimension than back home.

The scientist grumbled in frustration, taping at his communicator again. Tails wasn't trying to contact with the hedgehogs because he knew he'd find them with the EGH with Shadow and Jayde's energy readings. He was trying to connect between the two dimensions and somehow link a connection between him and the two stuck on the ARK.

Tails knew Knuckles couldn't fly the plane back home. He knew Rouge could fly planes because she worked with Eggman, but no one but Sonic – and possibly Jayde – knew how to start up and actually use his plane.

Looking at it now, he realised that it was a stupid idea.

Tails shrugged off the problem – Knuckles and Rouge could stick together for a little bit while he tries to find the hedgehogs. It hopefully won't end up with a funeral.

At this point, Tails heard the shouts and grunts, hiding behind a nearby tree to shield himself from flying Moebians. He grunted himself, hitting his communicator to try and make it work – not that it would do anything.

"If I can tweak the signals slightly, there's a possibility I might be able to connect with those two," he mumbled to himself, grabbing a screwdriver from his belt that he, thankfully, forgot to take off before leaving the workshop, "I just have to cut the right wire."

Within the fighting

"How's the talking going?" Sonic asked Jayde as their backs pressed together.

The pair quickly ducked as their evil-twins threw a punch towards them, "Oh, you know," Jayde shrugged, landing a kick in Jaylee's abdominals, "A walk in the park that didn't end well."

Sonic chuckled slightly, hitting the green male, "Care to perform a double attack?" The two Moebians began to run towards them, leaving the Mobians to quickly link arms, rolling into a double spin attack, crashing into both of their evil twins.

Jaylee and Scourge growled towards them before the 'King of Moebius' smirked, "Wanna fight fire with fire, Lee?"

The two linked arms as well, both sets of hedgehogs glaring across from one another. Sonic looked at Jayde, "You know, this would be so much more serious – if he wasn't wearing that thing on his head." They both spluttered with laughter.

"Careful, Princess, you might break your hat." Jayde laughed, clutching onto her stomach.

Scourge's glare hardened, "It's not a hat! It's a crown – it shows you I own this place. And while you're here, on my land – I own you too!"

The Mobians looked at each other and burst into laughter once again. Jaylee rolled her orbs and patted him on the shoulder, "Great speech, Shades." He growled towards her and shrugged her off.

The battle was cut short as a shout of happiness came from behind the trees, and the twin tailed fox could be seen jumping up gleefully, "Yes!"

"Oh, looks like we have more company!" Scourge snorted, "Let's go guys. We'll sort these losers out later when they're weak and defenceless."

"Are we too tough for you, Princess?" Jayde smirked, crossing her arms and watching her lookalike turn back and look back at her. They stared at each other, the situation new to them, before Jaylee scoffed and walked away with clenched fists.

The four hedgehogs ran over to the young inventor, "Hey Tails! How'd you get here?" Amy asked, noticing the red echidna and ivory bat on his communicator, "And how are they there?"

"We went to Space Colony ARK after GUN contacted Rouge, which is when we found out about you being transported to another dimension." Tails spoke, looking around at the dying trees, "It looks worse than before."

"Agreed," Sonic mumbled before turning to the more important topic, "On another note, how are we getting home?"

Tails sighed, "Unfortunately, I don't know. I accidently transported myself here by flicking a Warp Ring – and it hasn't come through with me. The only way I can think of getting home is by getting Rouge and Knuckles to sort some device on the ARK to help us get back." He looked slightly at the Ultimate Lifeform, as if asking his permission.

But the echidna on the other side spoke up, "Wait, you want us to what?!"

His voice was slightly crackled because of the dimensional breach, but it was understandable, "I need you two to fix up a teleportation device for us. I know for a fact that Shadow's Chaos Emerald won't work between dimensions." Tails told them.

This time, it was Rouge who spoke up, "Sorry, Fox Boy, I don't do science. I'm afraid I have to agree with Knucklehead here."

"Hey!"

"Don't worry. I'll be here throughout, I just need you guys to cooperate as well or we're never getting home!"