"Hey baby", he said so sweetly with a devilishly handsome smile on his gorgeous face. 

The way he looked was more than enough to bring a smile onto her face but she just couldn't shake the awful feeling she felt in the pit of her stomach. He was so handsome and his presence was just so bright and positive but she couldn't bring herself to feel happy. She wasn't intentionally trying to keep herself from being happy this time. If anything, she wanted so badly to not feel terrible. 

"Hey" she said struggling to say it without sounding too defeated. 

He smiled sadly at her and took her into his arms. He didn't kiss her he just held her. He wanted to make her feel better. He didn't like seeing her so sad. He wanted to take all her pain away. The feeling she felt of having his arms around her was overwelming. She felt like she could barely breath because of the way he was making her feel in his embrace. A simple hug from him was making her feel so emotional and loved. It was just what she needed. 

He ran his arms up and down her back soothingly as she melted into him. She was enjoying being so close to him. They stayed like that for a few moments before he pulled away to look at her. Once he saw her face visibly relaxed he smiled. It was because of him and he was happy he was able to make her feel somewhat better. 

He raised the bag in his hand and nodded, "I came baring gifts. Tasty gifts." 

He smiled at her hopeful face and they both headed into her kitchen. He brought her favorite ice cream with colorful sprinkles, two cans of whipped cream and chocolate syrup. He silently fixed her a bowl while she watched. He looked up from the carton of ice cream and he caught her eye. 

 "You can tell me anything, you know that right?" he said seriously.

"Yes, I know. But when have I ever told you anything?" she replied bluntly. 

Their eyes locked for a few seconds before he nodded. In the six months they've been together, Liv had never once vented to him about anything. Before, she never let Ben see her vulnerable. Whenever she was angry, upset or sad she never showed it. And although he wished she would trust him enough to tell him what was bothering her, he knew it would take a lot of time until she actually told him. He was just happy she was comfortable enough with him to show her vulnerability. She wasn't hiding it like she did months prior. 

While Ben fixed himself a bowl of ice cream, Liv tried to add more whipped cream to her ice cream but the spout meant to spray the whipped cream out was stuck. She shook it once, twice, and three times before angling the spout at her ice cream. It still didn't work but she decided to try one more time. The moment she applied pressure to the spout, the whipped cream was sprayed everywhere except on her ice cream. Once she realized she was getting whipped cream everywhere she immediately released her finger from the spout and the spraying stopped. She looked around to see that whipped cream was all over the counter and continued to look up until she found that the whipped cream was all over Ben's navy blue t-shirt, his neck, his arms and on his cheek.

Liv couldn't believe the mess she made and apparently Ben couldn't either. The expression on his face said it all. His eyes were wide looking down at his whipped cream cover shirt and his mouth was wide open in shock. Once he was done looking over his shirt and arms his eyes fell on hers. She was just as shocked as he was. He saw a small smile tug at the corner of her lips and he felt his heart beat accelerate. He had been waiting to see her really smile. So he was going to take the opportunity to get her to smile. She noticed a glint of amusement in his eyes. He was up to something and she knew it.  

She looked at him with wide eyes and backed away slowly, "It was an accident I swear."

"You're so gonna get it." he declared slowly inching closer to her.