My best friend loves me? Since when have I gotten so dumb? Chap. 5

I decided to be nice and add 2 chapters in one day:)

Oh i just hate this chapter.

Comment and vote pleasee!!!!!

thanx you to my fans : )

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter V

Shea

You hear about all these silly love stories on youtube or something like that. They talk about a love that was true and never really happened because someone dies. Well nobody died, literally, but I feel as if my heart did.

I did as promised to Paul. I left the hospital, went home and started packing. It took us a couple of days to pack everything but in the end we did. The day we were going to leave Emily came to say good-bye to me all teary and red eyed.

"I still can't believe you're leaving." She sniffs "What will I do without you?"

"Oh stop that." I say

"St-stop what?" Emily asks me.

"Stop crying or else I'm gunna start." And before we know it we are both crying our eyes out. After a few minutes we stop crying enough that we can finally talk again.

"Did you say bye to him Shea?" I know who she is talking about and the truth is no I haven't. I just look at her and she knows that I didn't and changes the topic. "Promise to send me lots of pics and postcards okay?"

"I promise." As I hug her for the last time and we head off in the truck to go to our new home on the other side of the country.

The car ride was very boring and at almost every interesting thing on the trip my parents just had to get a picture of us at it. Mostly I slept through it claiming I had a headache and they bought it. When I would fall asleep I thought of him. To try and get my mind off of him I reached inside my book bag to see if I remembered to bring any good books. As I reach in my hand comes in contact with a good sized book. When I pull it out I just barely stop myself from rolling down the window and throwing it out. How did it get in here? I haven't seen him since the hospital. Then it dawns on me that Emily must have put it there.

With no other options since stupid me didn't think to put any books in a bag and all into one box I flipped to the first page of Romeo and Juliet. He has known me for 6 years and this is the last thing he gives me. I think it is kind of sweet.

Half way through the book I get tired of reading and look out my window at the scenery. By now I think we are in Oklahoma. I still see some green and think about what it is like at home. Trees everywhere you go. Grass instead of rocks, and maple trees instead of palm trees. Yea this is going to suck.

What bothered me the most was a feeling I can't explain. I was calm and relaxed, but not tired. Hearing but not listening, and looking without seeing. It was bliss. No thoughts were running through my head.

I was empty.