chapter 9

So I decided to keep trying, but if I don't get any comments soon then I'm just going to stop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul's POV

Come on you can do this. These words keep running through my head as I think about what I am about to do. I glance at the clock, 5:30. Ok so I have time to run and get Katie for my date. I still can't believe that I am doing this, especially after Shea had just left. She probably already forgot about me, I mean it's not like she has even attempted to call me back or anything. I sigh as I throw on my jeans and my favorite Bon Jovi t-shirt along with my boots and head out to my baby. Man, you gotta love a truck; even if the gas sucks.

As I'm driving I keep thinking about her. I spent so long caring for her and dealing with all the crap thrown at her yet she was so blind to see that I was in love with her?

I pull up into Katie's driveway and walk up to her door. Before I could knock the door flies open and I turn speechless. That nerdy girl from the cafe is gone and all I see is a smoking hot babe.

"Hey Paul" Oh man I'm going to lose it. Katie looks so hot right now "Um. Are you ready?" she asks

"Yea let's go" I smile back to her and lead her to the truck. I open the door and can't help but stare at her as she climbs in.

"So what movie are we going to see?" Katie asks, her voice sounds so heavenly and I can't help but stare at her as I start to pull out.

"Well there's this new one out that I thought you might like, it's called "The Lucky One" I mean only if you want to." She looks at me and runs a delicate hand through her hair. Man, I must be the lucky one.

"Oh I heard about that. It was supposed to be really good, I'm so excited"

"Great" It can't be that bad. It's supposed to be some sappy romance movie but I can deal with it I guess.  "But first I am taking out to dinner" I tell her with pride.

"Yum sounds good" pardon the crappy jokes but, she sure does sound good.

"Yea the place is called Bucca di Beppo. It's a little Italian place but the food is to die for. You do like Italian right?"

"It's my favorite actually" Wow, Shea hated Italian food. She always wanted Mexican or Chinese, but never this. Wait. I'm on a date with Katie, pull yourself together!

The  food, as usual, was awesome. We talked about her school and mine, where she came from and other random things about her. It was  a little like 20 questions but that's a great way to get to know someone. By the end, I had sucessfully been able to hold her hand and I was even a gentleman and kissed her hand like the princes used to do back in the old days.

"I'm really enjoying myself Paul"

"As am I Katie. You're so beautiful." I don't know what possessed me to say this, but I did. And it was true, she is but it's not my Shea. I walk with her hand in hand back to the truck and we make our way to the movies.

We park and start heading towards the theatre when I glance down at Katie from behind. That blue denim mini is really starting to get to me and I can't help but stare as she gracefully walks up the path. It was hard enough not to stare with her low cut shirt. Shaking my head, I run to catch up to her and I slide my arm around her waist and she jumps in surprise but just smiles and keeps walking.

We enter the movie and sit near the top. For a movie that is supposed to be so great, it sure is empty I thought to myself. Oh well, this way it can be more private. Just the way I like it.

This movie really sucks! is all I can think about. We are only part-way through it and I can tell Katie is in love with it. Great now I can just bang my head on a brickwall if I make it out of here. My arm is already around her and the two people on the screne just kissed which gave me an idea.

"Katie" Is all I whisper and she turns to me. Her eyes are just reeling me in as I full out kiss her on the lips.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....should Paul move on or should we be kicking him to go back to Shea??!?!?!