My best friend loves me? Since when have I gotten so dumb? Chap. 3

Chapter III

Paul

I jolt awake and the scream that was in my dream is still there with me. I hear a buzzing and someone yelling code blue. I have seen enough TV shows to know that code blue is not good. The bleariness is swept away when I think of it being Shea. Instinctively I run to her even though I don't know her room. Just like my dream I run to room 23. If it is her room then great; if not then oh well that person will have to get over it. When I reach the door I don't pause but barge right in. What I see astounds me.

White walls plain as a rock and doctors all around a person. I look up to the heart monitor to see a flat line. My knees hit the floor as my whole world comes crashing down when I see the face of the patient. Shea.

"Get that kid out of here" yells one of the doctors. Someone grabs me by my arms and drags me out of the room. I don't put up a fight only because I want to get away. The men drag me back out to the waiting room where my mom is sitting. She quickly stands when she sees me being dragged out.

"What are you doing to my son?" she asks the men.

"This one was caught in a room when he needed to be away. The girl in the rooms' heart stopped and he was in the middle of the floor and we needed

him out so the doctors could help her out."

"Paul why were you in a-"she stops as it hits her. "It was Shea was it." All I could do is nod. My mom starts talking to the men and I only catch bits and pieces of the conversation

"...heart gave out..."

"...parents are out of town. They said they will get here when they can..."

"Is she going to be ok?" I ask hesitantly. The men and my mom stare at me. Behind them I can see a doctor walk towards us.

"Excuse me ma'am." The doctor speaks to my mom. "Are you Shea Wilkins parent?"

"No. Her parents are out of town. It will be a while until they get here. Why?" my mom sounds concerned.

"Well I just wanted to update someone on Shea's condition. Her heart gave out but we were able to revive her. She is currently in ICU under critical condition. I would not she is unconscious right now but if you wish you can go and see her."

"So she is ok. I mean she's not dead?" I ask the doctor. I hope he can see the concern I have for her.

"No she is not dead but she is in pretty bad shape." Says the doctor

"Why did her heart give out?" I inquire.

"She was already weak when it did give out. I think that it was her body shutting down to try and 'reboot' itself. She is very strong though to pull through this." The doctor sounds assuring.

"When can I see her?" I ask hesitantly

"Right now if you want, just make sure that she sleeps so her body can heal."

"Thank you Doctor." My mom says

We walk to her room and the first thing I see is there are tubes sticking out of her arm. Shea always hated the thought of machines hooked to her and needles in her arms after her surgery when she was small. She looks so fragile sitting in the bed. She was already pale but now she looked like living death. I walk to her side and sit like I did just a few hours ago. I don't know how long I was sitting there but I must have fallen asleep again because when I wake up I am still by her side but her parents are there with me. I feel a hand on my back and I start. I look up into her father's eyes. I quickly stand up.

"Thank you Paul." He says to me. I sigh in relief. I thought he would be mad at me for sitting this close to his little daughter. You hear about the stories where the pretty girl in town has an overprotective father with a shotgun. If you went out with his baby girl and broke her heart then her dad will break your body.

"Thanks for what?" I ask

"For taking care of my baby."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I know that the comments at the end of a chapter bother me but i just had to comment. What do ya think? comment pleasssee!! I am so new to this but if you have any ideas i will try to listen to them:)