Spaghetti Junction

A/N: Welcome to the FINAL chapter of this tale! I appreciate all my readers and fans that enjoyed this story...of course, as my usual policy, there will be no sequels to "HAM" or spinoffs. Originally the concept of this story started out as something else, but  without certain inserts, the story wasnt as cohesive as I needed it to be...thus the development of the relationship between J and Corliss, which made it so much easier to go in different directions, and get some of the much needed "desired effects" for this tale. I hope you all had fun reading this as much as I did writing it- what a difference a year makes!

Spaghetti Junction

THREE DAYS LATER

                    “Jacoby?”

                    “D…Dad?”

                    I looked up into his shadowy visage, as he and Teja stood over me…I then heard my name being called again. “Jacoby!”

                    I blinked.

                    Everything started to come into focus, as I zeroed in on Corliss’s face. She smiled. “Thank God you’re alive! I thought you weren’t gonna make it- Melissa did the best that she could with the equipment she had…”

                    I looked around….I was in Melissa’s room- that meant we were at Reagan’s apartment. The last thing I remember, was hearing Corliss cry, and Detrick rushin us… I tried sittin up, but a sharp pain caught me. I growled, clutching my side, where the bullets had chopped through me. Corliss placed her hands on me, pushin me back to the bed. “She took the shells out of you and repaired you. You have to give it some time to heal, Jacoby,”

                    “What happened?” I asked. “How long I been out?”

                    “About three days,” answered Corliss. “You really gave us a scare. Melissa took us to an animal clinic that one of her classmates works at. She used the tools there, to open you up, and remove the shells…she did a good job, Jacoby, I was so grateful that she could help,”

                    She opened a couple of prescript bottles. “Here…some antibiotics, and some painkillers,”

                    “Be careful…we don’t wanna mix em, and kill the guy. He just woke up,”- I looked to the door as Melissa stood there. She had a slight smile on her face, as she walked to the bed, and peeled back the sheets, lookin at my wound. “Looks like it’s healing fine. Just keep your ass lying down, unless you have to go to the bathroom,”

                    “So which one do I give him first? The pain pills or the antibiotics?”

                    “Give him the pain meds first…as soon as his pain alleviates, then give him the antibiotics,” said Melissa, as she covered me back up. “I’ll let everyone know that you’re awake. That will be good news,”

                    She left the room, as I looked back to Corliss. I reached out caressing her face. “You look tired. Go get you some rest, baby,”

                    “I couldn’t sleep. I was too worried about you…you had broke out in a fever, and we had to watch you over the past few days. I wanted to call your mom, but I didn’t wanna risk alertin any po-pos if they were watchin her,” said Corliss. “I’m just glad you pulled through,”

                    “I had a crazy ass dream…it felt so real,” I breathed.

                    “Was it about your father?”