It Goes Without Sayin...

                   “Owwh!  J, you’re hurtin my arm, man!” whined Melissa, as I pulled her into an obscure part of the club. I let go of her arm as she rubbed it, wit her lips pokin out. “All I wanted to do is go say ‘wassup’ to the girl,”

                   “Lissa, don’t fuck wit me!” I hissed. “You stay away from her! If you go over there startin shit, I swear to fuckin Gawd, we will never talk again, and I’ll stop getting you the prescripts to sell,”

                   Melissa looked away, with disapproval on her face. This is a real trip- how is she gon’ be jealous of Corliss, and she doesn’t even know her- besides the fact, that she is in a relationship with Kady? What the fuck is wrong with this girl? “Okay…I’ll try to keep a lid on it,”

                   She walked away into the crowd, hard, switchin that lil cute ass off hers…maybe if I were in another universe, I would pick Melissa. She’s got spunk, I’ll give her that much…but I’m still trippin over the coincidence, that Corliss and company are at the same damn club that I’m at! Thank gawd they haven’t seen me yet…but I can’t keep duckin and dodgin- I’m here to make this fuckin money. I walked back to the VIP table, where Reagan was…he pointed Corliss out. “So that’s the girl, eh? She came to the station one day to meet up with Max to talk to her about her progress in school. Max never mentioned you, or that she was the girl that you were talkin with…she’s hella cute, J. Why aren’t you over there talkin to her?”

                   “Coz imma doofus,” I said. “I run around bangin all these hoes out, and I can’t even commit to this girl. I onno, it’s like she’s a goddamned fuckin goddess, and I’m like fuckin scum of the earth…what does she see in me?”

                   “J, you’re a cool dude, man,” lectured Reagan. “You don’t mess with nobody, you’re about makin money, and chillin. Aside from bangin out other chicks, you are not as bad as you think you are. I still don’t know what went down that day you came to me all beat up, but it can’t be that bad,”

                   “What if I told you I killed one of those cats who jumped me? Would that change your opinion of me?” I said, as Reagan lowered his bottle. He could see the truth in my eyes, as my fingers fiddled with my glass. Even though the club was packed, you could hear the silence that resided between me and Reagan at that moment.

                   “I’m sure you had your reasons,” he said and took a swig. I looked to him, with a bold quietness to my visage, but a screamin curiosity on the inside…damn- I mean, Reagan didn’t even bat an eye, when he said that. I thought for sure this nigga would shake a little…he sat his bottle down. “I aint here to judge you, J. I figure you are a pretty tough guy, and for you to have had all those lumps and bruises, a bunch of people had to fight you at once. That’s what I hate nowdays…dudes no longer fight fair- they comin at you nowdays with their friends, or cousins, or whatever. What happened to the honor in a ‘one on one’ fight?”

                   “Nigga, that shit is dead and gone,” I said, takin a hard drink. “Niggas can’t fight fo shit nowdays. They so scared they gon’ get they ass kicked, so they bring they friends to help them out. Pussy ass move,”

                   “J,”

                   I looked to Reagan.

                   “You know we’re cool, right? We’re buds an all- if you have any problems, you hit me up…I got your back,” he said, kinda slurrin. I looked to him, and burst into a cackle of laughter…Reagan started to laugh too, although I’m not quite sure he knew I was laughin at him. “I mean it. You know a couple days ago, I went to Mos, and dude was givin me this funny look, like he was lookin into my soul or somethin. J, I might be paranoid, but I think he know that me and you are up somethin,”