Chapter 4

I heard Susen walk into the room, it was morning already. Sitting up, Susen looked at me,"You're wake!" I nod. Getting up, my back didn't hurt from sleeping. The mattress was soft, softer than the bed I slept in at the orphanage. The thought of that place made me shiver. "Have you ever been to school before, Moonlight?" Susen asked me, I shook my head to her. Had no idea what it was.

   Susen shook Amy to wake her up, but why? Amilia got up and looked at me, smiling,"Hi Moonlight" I wave to her and looked out the window from the night before, there wasn't any moonlight anymore. "I made breakfast, come after getting dressed" Susen told us, then walked out the room. Amy ran over to the same drawer that Susen got the dress from, the dress was a bit big on my though. Amy got out a blue shirt and a black skirt and handed it to me,"Can you put this on by yourself?" She asked me, I nod. Amy led me to the bathroom and shut the door after I was in, the bathroom was quiet. Scenes front the orphanage came into my head. I ran from the kids who chased me, but I wasn't fast enough for me to get away so they grabbed me and held me to the wall,"Speak little idiot, speak!" I shook my head and struggled to get away. They wouldn't let go. After that, they lifted me by my arms and walked me towards the bathroom of the orphanage. They opened the door and threw me in, locking it after. I banged on the door and screamed but no one came, I started to cry. Banging didn't do anything, I was trap and couldn't get out. After a long time, someone came in and let me go. I came out of the scene and curled into a ball on the floor and started to cry, I hated that place. Susen and Amilia opened the door and looked at me, Amilia in different clothes already. Susen wrapped her arms around me in a hug, followed by Amy. The hug was warm and safe, I was safe.

Susen pet my head,"I have oatmeal on the table, please go eat Amilia, I'll take care of Moonlight" Amy nodded and left,"are you okay?" Susen asked. I shook my head and Susen looked guilty. Susen tried to get me to stand up, after a minute, I did what she said. I didn't want to be sent back to the road. The blue shirt that Amy gave me, the sleeves hid my hands and the skirt was down to me knees, Susen led me down stairs and sat me down at the table I ate at before. I'm still here I thought, I didn't know if I was gonna stay here or not, but I stayed another day. Susen sat me down at the table and a bowl laid in front of me, I'm guessing it's oatmeal from what Susen said earlier. Amy looked at me while she ate, worried,"Are you okay now?" Amilia asked as she sat her spoon down. I nodded and pulled one of my sleeves, picking up my spoon and eating the oatmeal. It tasted sweet and I smiled once again. I wasn't crazy about sugar but I had something to eat. "I have to go to work today, Amilia, so can Moonlight go with you to school?" Susen asked, washing a plate by the sink. Amy shrugged her shoulders,"I don't think Ms. Bargewell will mind." After we finished eating, Belle came up beside Amy and Amy petted the dog.

   Whatever school was was the only thing on my mind.