two

•••
I grinned slightly and said, "What's the worst that could happen?"
•••

Lapis shook her head. "A lot could happen to you, (Y/N)." Peridot and Steven shook their heads in agreement.

"But," Lapis sighed. "...If something does happen, I did warn you."

     I smiled, shouted a quick 'thank you', and left with the orange gem in my hands. Luckily I lived fairly close to the gems, so it wouldn't be much of a walk. I soon arrived to my lonely home and unlocked the door. After rushing inside, I set the gem gently on the couch. If I set the gem on the table, that might be bad. Why? Well, we wouldn't want another gem to break my table, again. I chuckled at the memory.

I looked over at the clock, it flashed 8:55pm. I soon decided to go take a shower. I headed towards the bathroom and stepped inside. Since I live alone I have no reason to shut the door. I slowly took off my daily attire and set them to the side. I turned on the warm, refreshing water and stepped inside. The warm water trickled gently down my body and to the bottom of the shower. I gently covered myself in soap and ran my hands over to rub the soap in. Eventually I finished up and got dressed in a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt. Nothing too fancy.

I headed to my simple bedroom and lied down. After spacing out into the darkness, I soon felt something poke my cheek. I jumped at the touch.

Then a voice rang out and asked, "Hey...What am I doing here? And who are you?!" Immediately I knew, it was going to be a long night.

•••