Peace of Mind

Ethan's pov
I was finally able to kiss Mackenzie without it being cheating. It felt amazing, like I was the luckiest guy in the world, finally being able to kiss her. That was, until I was pulled away from her, slammed against the wall and punched repeatedly. I could heard Mackenzie yelling for him to stop, grabbing him and attempting to pull him off me but it was no use. Luckily her yelling attracted the others and he was pulled away. Mackenzie froze, obviously contemplating who to go to. Bob and Dan were talking but I couldn't process what they said, my attention on Mackenzie. 'Are you okay?' She mouthed. I nodded as if to say 'yeah, go to him.' She gave me a sad smile, before walking to her brother.

I saw her talking to Tyler and wade before we were all ushered out. Tyler walked over. "Bro, what the hell did you do? Mark was pissed." He said as someone tended to my now bruising face. "I kissed Mackenzie." I smiled at the thought. Tyler sighed and shook his head. "You're in deep shit." I nodded. "I know. But it's worth it."

Mackenzie's pov
"You sure that's what you've decided?" I nodded. "Yeah, it's worth it. Just... let him down easy." I whispered. Mark nodded, got up, and left. After I was sure the door was closed I put my head in my hands. Just because it's worth it doesn't mean it's not going to hurt. All things come to and end, it's just sad to see them go. Really sad. "I'm sorry Ethan. I hope that in the end, I made the right decision... for all of us." I got up and left.

Ethan's pov
Mark walked over and sat across from me. "Look, Ethan, I'm sorry for punching you." I nodded. "It's okay." I took his extended hand and we shook. "We all good?"  He asked. "Yeah, as long as you don't kiss my sister again." I gave out and awkward laugh.

Mackenzie's pov
I smiled as I watched the exchange. In the end, if I had to suffer for their happiness, I would. And maybe, I'm just not meant to be apart of it. That's why I've decided I'm still going home to Ohio. LA just isn't for me, not yet. Maybe in the future. Hopefully in the future. I exited through the door I had been leaning on. Goodbye everyone. When we get back to Mark's place so I can pack my things up and go that'll be farewell. No, not farewell, just, see you soon. Yeah, see you soon. I like that.