2 | Things Aren't What They Seem

"What the?" Woosung looked about him confusedly and wasn't sure what to make of what was happening. A woman just fell from the sky, creating a crater within the sidewalk and people were walking over it like there was nothing there. Only he could see it.

What puzzled him the most was that no one saw the woman standing there; they just walked right through her. It was like she wasn't even there.

The woman walked forward and spoke softly, "are you Woosung? I wanted to come here peacefully, but clumsy me had to break the sidewalk." She chuckled and said it so indifferently, like what she did was nothing.

"How do you know my name?" He backed away a bit and stared at her incredulously.

"Oh, I should introduce myself first. Let's go somewhere else to talk." She motioned for him to follow her and led him to somewhere that was less crowded.

"My name is Aera and I'm your guide." She smiled warmly at him and something undetectable glinted in her violet eyes.

"G-Guide?"

"Yes, I've been sent here to help guide you down your chosen path. You might not believe me, no one would, but it's the truth."

"Of course I don't believe you!" he snapped. "Although, after seeing the strange things that happened just now, I guess it's plausible."

"Oh, this is a first, normally the person runs when they're told about the Guides. You must be special." Her grin widened revealing her pearly whites.

"I don't know about that." He scratched his head, clearly flustered and looked at the time on his phone. "Damn, I'm late for practice."

"You don't have to worry about that." Aera snapped her fingers and Woosung disappeared, only to appear at The Rose's practice room.

It was now evening and Aera had just arrived at her apartment the elders had provided for her.

She went to her room and over to a red velvet curtain that adorned the wall. Casting it aside, she unveiled an intricately detailed mirror, inside swirled dark purple smoke and she waved her hand. The smoke cleared and then there appeared a woman who was identical in appearance to the her right now.

Aera waved her hand once more and this time her appearance changed; her silvery long hair changed to black, that resembled the darkest of nights, and her violet eyes changed to a blood red. A painted smile graced her lips, and she looked at the woman trapped in the mirror.

"Hello sister, have you been well?"