Chapter 4

~ Imma try to write more ~
~ Might be spelling mistakes~

Rowan POV

Walking into the room thinking the place didn't look half as bad as I thought it would. Then, these two dudes that look very familiar came in. As they step closer, they looked like those two guys that tried to beat me up, the other day. I was scared as shit and then i turned to around to see, Adien with a huge smile on his face. His devious smile.

"Don't be scared" Aiden quickly said.

"Is this some kind of joke" I said.

"No, we were just messing around." He said smiling.

The two guys we just quite the whole time, it's like they were listening to Aiden which is a scary thought.

"So, are they gay hustler" I asked

One of them started laughing, I mean it was a pretty serious question.

"No, they're not, just helping us rent this place" he said laughing.

"Oh, im sorry." I quitely said.

There was a long awkward pause. Literally my life but then...

"Well, we gotta go" One them said.

"Alright, George" Aiden said.

"Its like 7 so we better head off and do some work" Aiden said closely the door.

"What exactly is a gay hustler?" I asked.

"Umm... I just follow my lead" Aiden explained.

We walked out the motel. It was dark as midnight but the stars was still shinning bright. The streets lights and cars lights were very bright compared to the sky. I could hear millions of people talking like we were in the city. It was almost relaxing.

"Watch and learn" Aiden said walking toward a car.

He walked toward the car and then the windows went down and they started talking. I couldn't hear them loud and clear but it could hear them talking about how much he cost. It made no sense to me. Then, I finally realize that I'm selling my body for money because that night Aiden didn't come back til the morning.

I woke up to the smell of coffee being made. It was Aiden and his annoying smile. It made ache in my stomach which I didn't know what that was about.

"You awake?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah, where did you last night?" I asked.

"The job, I earned 40$" He nervously laughed.

"Why did you decide to do this job?" I asked.

It must have been a hard question because he made a frozen face and set down his coffee and slowing came to the bed. Laying right next to me.

"I didn't decide to do this but I just kinda ended up here. My mom died when I was 12 which left me with my alcoholic father but I left right when I turned 18. I had to make a living so I met George and Lennie. They told me about the job and I was like, what the hell. Here I am but I might runaway soon because I'm just pretty sick of this place. Hopefully, you'll replace me." He smiled.

Honestly, he seems like a cheerful guy. Would've never thought that he went through all that. He was like me in a way. Which, made me feel safe that I wasn't competly alone.

"Enough of this sad stuff, let's go shopping" he said.

He didn't seem like the type to shop. Which, made me more scared to find what was ahead on this road. As we walked to a mall, 2 miles away from where we lived. It wasn't the best but it reminded me of my first time going to a mall with my parents. I was a little kid, I don't remember much but I loved getting carried by them. Looking at all the amazing clothes or fascinated by the people. We enter the mall and there we barely any people. Which, made me sad because I was getting hyped.

"Sorry, if I got your hopes up. This mall isn't that popular" Aiden said.

"Its fine" I replied.

You know how a girl can shop for 7 or 8 hours (not being sexist or anything). It was like that with Aiden. He just kept going to into stores even though he wasn't buying anything. Until, I saw him grabbed a book.

"You, read?" I asked.

"No, but I try" he replied.

I looked at my clock and the it was getting late which made me nervous because the way back is pretty long.

"So, are we going back" I nervously asked.

"Oh yeah, totally forgot" Aiden said.

He bought the book. We just walked back in silence as he read his book and just looked at the sky. Sometimes it almost made me feel free from looking at it. How the sky blends in with everything around us and changes color. Before I knew it. We got home in no time.

"You going to work?" I asked.

"Not Today" he replied.

His head was still in the book. He didn't seem much like a reader. I accidently dropped my watch onto the ground and Aiden moved his head in a flash from the noise. I noticed and I laughed for 5 seconds. Never seen a sight quiet like that. Before I knew it. He grabbed me and he was now laying on top of me. With his eyes staring down at mine. It was one those heart felt moments that you feel only once in a lifetime. We stayed in that position for 30 seconds and he got off and acted like nothing happened.

"You ever thought about how your life could be different?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah, but you only get one chance of remembering this life so spend it well." I replied.

He nodded in agreement. At that moment, I yawned. It seems I was pretty tired but I didn't feel like it. I guess I needed the rest. As I close my eyes. I had a weird dream. It was Aiden leaving out the door but before he left. He kissed me on the forehead and said goodbye. I woke up in sweat all over my body. It seemed the room have been cleaned and it seemed that Aiden's stuff was all gone. Did he really leave?