Makayla Comes Home

Were Safe and Sound🎶

"Alright that's a rap. Awesome job Makayla! Come on out for your photoshoot." Jesse smiled

I walked out of the recording room towards the photoshoot area. I got dressed and make up put on me. I put on a baggy long black tank top that's short in the front and long in the back, jean shorts, high tops, and a SnapBack. My hair down naturally. My natural hair has wavy curls in it with side bangs. I walked and faced the camera guy.

After the photoshoot, we decided to call it a day. The album is officially complete. I can't wait for it to come out.

I went back into the recording studio and listened to one of my very first recordings. It was the song I wrote for Riley. I couldn't help but smile. Jesse walked in behind me.

"Bringing back memories huh?" Jessie smiled and sat down next to me.

"Yeah..I can't believe it's been 5 years." I smiled almost shedding a tear.

"Well since you've completed your album, how about you head on home? Back to Lima." Jessie smiled

"Really? I can go home?" I smiled even bigger and feeling a tear ready to stream down my face

"Sure kiddo. You need to be with your family. It's almost Christmas. A fifteen year old should be with her family." Jesse got up and patted my shoulder.

"Ok. I'm going home." I smiled

OMG! I'm finally back in Lima. I texted daddy and him and momma can't wait. He said my room is all set. Riley can't wait to see me. Well, here I go. Up the stairs. I'm home. I'm home. I'm home.

I walked up to the door and opened it.

"Daddy? Momma? Ri?" I walked in and shut the door. Then I saw a lil 5 year old run to me.

"MAKAYLA!!! YOUR HOME!" Riley jumped in my arms.

"Hi Riley! You've gotten so big! I've missed you. Where's mom and daddy?" I put riley down.

"Their up stairs. Come on! Come with me." Me and Riley ran up stairs.

I walked into mom and dad's room. Momma saw me. I started to cry.

"Makayla." Mom got up and hugged.

"Hi momma. I can't believe I'm home." I cried

"Were glad your here." Mom looked at me and then daddy. Dad saw me and got up.

"Daddy." I ran to him and jump into his arms. I'm still tiny enough to curl up into them. He kissed me and held me so tight.

"I've missed you baby girl." He held me even more

"I've missed you too." I hid my face into his chest

Later that night, I was on my parents bed cradled in my dad's arms. I missed this so much. I was so exhausted from the flight home that I yawned so big my dad noticed. He started to rock me back and forth in his arms. I felt momma put a blanket over us. I felt safe. I drifted off to sleep. In my daddy's arms. I hid my face into his chest and I felt a kiss on my head. Then I heard a whisper.

"Night baby girl. You're home. Safe and sound." Dad got up and placed me in the bed and pulled the covers over me.

I heard him walk away and shut the door.

I opened my eyes and looked up at the ceiling. I knew it was a dream. I am home but I know daddy isn't here.

I miss daddy so much. I can't believe it's gonna be a year this July on the 13th. Momma only talks about it with me. Riley is still too young to understand. She thinks that daddy is at glee club every night and stays at Uncle Will's. It's going to be tough to tell her tomorrow.

Daddy, I wish you were here. Grilled Cheesus, please bring my daddy back. God took him too early in life. Daddy wasn't ready. What he did wasn't his fault. Please! Bring him back!

I started to cry myself to sleep. I got up and grabbed his Leatherman Jacket. I put it on and went back into bed. I fell asleep in it. It's so big on me but I love it. It's my dad's. It's all we got left of him.

Daddy, come back. Please. Come back. We miss you. My hero. You saved me from my rough past. I need you to make it all better. I want to wake up and see you in the living room watching your Hockey games. Come back.

I fell asleep. With tear stains on my cheeks. I dug my head into his jacket.

I smiled. A memory struck back. It was him. Walking down McKinley hallways with this jacket on. But he said something to me with a smile and then left. What was it? What could it be?