Nightmares

No. No. No. Wake up! Wake up Makayla! Ahh! I sat up in fear. Every night I have nightmares about being with my real dad again. He tried to take me away from my family. He killed my daddy. He raped my momma. He left Riley to die in a burning house. I was so scared. I even woke up with tears rolling down my eyes. Again.

I started to cry. I heard someone come down the hall way. My heart started to pound. I laid back down and hid under the blankets. I even held my bear that daddy gave me for my birthday. Then I heard the door open. My heart bested louder and louder. My crying got harder and harder. I felt someone sit on my bed beside me.

"Baby girl? You okay?"

It was daddy. I lifted the blanket off of me.

"No.." I cried

"What's wrong sweetie? Tell me." Daddy placed his hand on my back. I sat up next to him.

"I had those nightmares again. But this time, he got me. He took me away daddy!" I clutched onto daddy really right and cried in his chest.

"Shhh it's okay baby it's okay. You're gonna be okay. Your safe. I won't let anyone hurt you or let your dad take you away. I promise." He kissed me on the head. Clutching in his arms made me feel safe. I started to drift back off to sleep. I felt daddy lift me up and carry me to his room. Momma went to work early because Funny Girl opens in 36 hours. I felt being placed into his bed. He put the covers over me and kissed me on the head and whipped away my tear stains. I felt safe.

He got into bed on the other side. I itched more and more closer into his chest. He kissed me on the head one more time.

Then I heard a whisper.

"I love you baby girl." I felt him place his hand on the side of my face and stroke his thumb back and forth on my cheek. I smirked.

I love my daddy. He makes me feel safe.

That morning, I woke up to an empty bed side. Daddy must be down stairs. I got out of bed and went down stairs.

I peered over into the living room and saw him sitting on the couch watching Hockey. As usual. I saw Riley staring at me. I mouthed "stay quiet" to her. She continued to play on the carpet.

I snuck into the living room and up behind dad. I bent over and wrapped my arms around him and gave him a slight squeeze.

He turned behind.

"Morning baby girl." He smiled

"Haha. I thought you jump a little. Momma says you jumpy sometimes." I laughed a little.

"Oh she said that huh?" He giggled

I nodded yes.

"Well wanna know what she said to me?" He got up and walked over to me.

"What?" I looked at him confused

"This." He picked me up and started to tickle me on my hips. I started to laugh

He put me over his shoulders and placed me on the floor next to riley who was laughing along with me.

"STOP! DADDY THAT TICKLES!" I couldn't stop laughing. I told riley to help me. She got daddy's back and started tickling his neck. He grabbed her from behind and started to tickle her on the stomach.

"Makay-kay! Daddy's got me!" Riley reached over for me.

"I got him!" I hugged him. Mom told me he loves hugs.