Three

THE CO-WRITER IS KJMONKEY

Prince Niall's eyes widen as he hears Katelyn's words. What did she just say?

He keeps glancing up and down at the bunny and back at the strawberry blonde girl repeatedly. He never had thought that somethign like this was even possible. Magic. Powers. Such things were only true in fairytales. This is not a fairytale, this is real life.

Niall takes a deep and shaky breath, before speaking up, trying to sound as confident as possible. "Erm.. Because you saved my life, Katelyn, I shall not hate you nor ban you from this land. Actually... I find your power kinda cool.." After mumbling the last part, the prince sticks out his hand to stroke the bunny, but it scaredly hopps away from him, dissapearing into some bushes.

Staring at the bushes for a while, Niall's thoughts sink into magic and powers and all the stuff that's happening around him. He still doesn't believe this is actually happening for real. Is he having a dream? The prince glances around, and quickly scrambles up, wiping some dirt off his clothes.

"We have to go, it's not safe here.." He then murmurs, walking over to where Katelyn is sitting against a tree. Niall picks Laura up from the ground, carefully hauling her on his back, and grabs Katelyn's hand, leading both of the girls through the dark trees and bushes. It takes a while, and when they finally arrive at the clearing again, both Niall and Katelyn sigh out of relief.

Prince Niall first lets Katelyn climb on his white horse, then cautiously places Laura on the animal, and looks around one more time, his vibrant blue eyes searching through the landscape. Katelyn's heart thumps in her chest as she wraps her arms closer around Laura, trying to get her friend in a more secure position.

After a while of just sitting, the girl softly speaks up. "Is there something wrong, prince Niall?"

Still staring into the forest, the prince clenches his jaw, and grabs the belt of his horse tighter. Katelyn tries to find what he is looking at, by following the prince's gaze, but the only thing she finds is darkness and trees.

"Let's just go.." Prince Niall whispers, climbing on his horse, and letting it trot away rapidly. By the continuously up-and-down of the strong horse, Katelyn slowly starts to feel a little dreamy. But before she can sink into her thoughts fully, prince Niall's voice rings through the darkness again. "And please, just call me Niall. I hate that whole 'prince'-thing."

Katelyn sighs, and smiles into the night, leaning her ear against Laura's back.

"Okay. I will.. Niall."

🍍🍍🍍

As Katelyn wakes up this time she is happy to find it isn't because of Niall being dragged away, but rather because the blonde prince is shaking her awake. Katelyn quickly rubs the sleep from her eyes, and looks up at Niall to see him smiling at her.

"What?" She asks a bit nervous as to why he won't stop looking at her. Niall is taken away from his thoughts, realizing what he is doing, before clearing his throat and awkwardly speaking up. "Oh umm.. We are only a day away from where we need to go for Laura, and I thought that maybe we should go and find some food.."

Right at that moment Niall's stomach starts to rumble, as well as Laura's. Katelyn's eyes widen as she turns to stare at her friend who's still sitting in front of her on the horse. Both her and Niall are taken aback by the fact that Laura can still be hungry enough to make that sound, even when she's unconscious!

When Katelyn turns to look back at Niall, who's standing next to the horse, she sees he's trying to hold in a laugh, and Niall sees Katelyn is trying to do the same. Before they even have the time to say something, they both end up bursting into laughter.