Two

THE CO-WRITER IS KJMONKEY

Somewhere far away, in the distance, Niall Horan, the prince of Ireland, is just making his daily walk past the woods. Slightly bouncing up and down on the back of his white horse, he smiles up at the sun.

Prince Niall loves being outside. It's the only part of the day where he doesn't have any responsibilities. It's the only part of the day where he can be himself.

He can be Niall Horan, the blonde Irish guy, who likes making daily walks, instead of Niall Horan, the prince of Ireland.

Nobody can tell him he needs to do this or that, nobody can keep him from walking outside with his horse. It's his own little moment.

But just when the prince thinks that nothing can ruin this beautiful silence, a voice screams right through it. The noise is far away, and almost not to be heard, but it still pulls Niall's attention.

Raising an eyebrow, Niall Horan lets his horse come to a stop, and turns towards the woods.

Did the noise really come from there?

Nobody ever comes in these woods, right?

The prince waits for a few seconds, and is about to leave, when the noise rings through the trees again, louder this time.

"Help! Please help!"

Eyes widening, Niall doesn't wait for one more second, stroking the hair of his white horse. "Go!" He calls out, letting his horse run towards the screams in the speed of sound.

The strong animal's hooves almost seem to loose their grip on the moss and dirt, that's how fast they go.

After a while, Niall Horan lets his horse come to a stop, somewhere in the darkest part of the woods. Mist is swirling around them, making it impossible for Niall to see clearly.

How can there suddenly be mist in the woods?

"Who asked for help?!" Niall calls out, holding his sword in front of him carefully, being aware of the dangerous darkness, that's coming closer by the second.

"I did.." A voice from the ground suddenly whispers, sounding weak and fagile. Glancing at the ground, Niall notices a girl in a lilac dress, with red and puffy eyes. She's holding on to another girl, who's laying on the ground, her eyes closed.

Quickly climbing off his horse, prince Niall speaks up again. "What is wrong, love?"

The girl sniffles, quickly wiping her wet eyes, and then looks up. "Something's h-happened to my friend, and I... I think she's in the midst of dying. Please prince Niall of Ireland, I beg you to help Laura to a healer!"

The prince takes no second thought before reaching down for Katelyn's hand and setting her up on his horse. He then picks up Laura and sets her in front of Katelyn, before getting in front of Laura himself. That way she would be safely secured, and wouldn't fall off, in her unconsious state of being.

The prince thinks for a second, scratching the back of his head while doing so. Should they go back to his kingdom? They don't have healers there. When people are sick, they always need to travel to the Lake of Purity.

The Lake of Purity is a few days away, and the prince doesn't know if that Laura girl has much time left. But the Healers of the Lake of Purity are the best in this entire country, and are able to heal almost every wound.

Niall has to decide quickly, the woods are getting darker and darker, and the swirling mist is thick and cold. Sighing, the prince makes his decision, gently patting the side of his horse.