Prologue

"For fuck's sake! All I did was try and buy milk!" Sherlock growls, kicking the metal door with as much force as he could.

Well, this was going to be a joy to explain to his parents. He can imagine his mother's reaction.

"How on Earth does a nineteen year old boy buying milk end up witha charge for murder?!"

That was a good question. How does a nineteen year old buying milk end up in a cell for murder?

Curiosity, mother dearest, that's how.

John, Sherlock's persistent flatmate, had told Sherlock that he needed to go get milk because they didn't have any and he had a lecture for the afternoon and would be busy and so on. Blah, blah, blah was all Sherlock heard. Although, he had decided to go get milk for the flat. John was always in a bad mood after his afternoon lectures and Sherlock thought he'd be a decent friend for once and get the damn milk.

Look where that got him! A flipping murder charge.

Didn't the police know anything?! Being at the scene of a murder does not automatically make you a murderer. Imbeciles!

Okay, fair enough. The police did walk in the shop to find Sherlock hunched the shopkeeper's body, bloodied knife in hand. Also, today had obviously been the day he choose not to wear gloves and the murderer did (or as least wiped his/her prints off). Then, on top of that, the CCTV had been taken from the shop and there was no witnesses around to place anyone at the shop besides Sherlock.

Even Sherlock had to admit, with all the facts so far, it pointed towards him.

-

Author's Note: This story is a collaboration with @defyingantigravity - go check her profile out and hit that follow button if you want. Now! (If you want to, of course)