Chapter 2

>All POV<

Harry sobbed as he curled up in the cupboard, every inch of his body was in pain. He had a black eye, split lip and if you saw his back or stomach, or anywhere that was covered in general you'd probably be sick.

He heard the front door open and a man's voice, he didn't even bother trying to recognise it from exhaustion.

His name was shouted out by Vernon and he perked up, he'd never been allowed out while guests were over. Ever since he begged them to take him away.

He crawled cautiously out of the cupboard and walked into the living room to see none other than his Potions Professor.. Snape.

"Potter?" He questioned, letting his guard down slightly. This is the first time that the man had seen him without his concealment charms.

The Professor straightened up "Potter, go get your trunk and your things, I will be taking you to Diagon Alley for your school supplies."

Harry snapped out of it and nodded hastily before walking upstairs to the attic where Vernon always put his school stuff.

He dragged his stuff towards the stairs when he felt a presence behind him "I'm warning you know, boy. I will not be threatened with magic," he snarled before pushing Harry down the stairs.

The fragile thirteen year old tumbled all the way down and landed at the bottom with his trunk on top of him, there was a sickening crunch of his rib probably finally breaking.

"Potter? Why are you on the floor?" Professor Snape said as he towered over his student before lifting his trunk off of him.

He winced and stood up "I tripped over my laces" he lied easily and pretended not to notice Snape looking at his laughing uncle at the top of the stairs.

Professor Snape didn't say anything but instead shrunk the luggage and put it in his pocket "Follow me" he said and walked out of the house.

They turned a corner and found a safe place to apparate before doing so: into the Leaky Cauldron.

"Tom, may I have a private booth?" He said swiftly and the hunched man lead the two to one.

Once they knew they were alone, Harry shrunk into the corner: Trying to make himself look as small as possible.

"Harry, take off your shirt" Severus Snape said as he turned to the boy, when did Potter become Harry?

The boy just sat there, staring at the empty glass on the table in front of them.

"Harry, Take. Off. Your. Shirt" He said again but a bit more demanding.

He still didn't respond, it was as if the boy was deaf.

The Professor pulled out his wand, causing Harry to back away even further (if that was possible) and hit his head on the wall.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Said Severus quickly "I was going to give you my wand so you could trust me."

Harry watched his every movement as the usually cruel professor handed him his wand. He put it slowly down on the table and turned his back on Snape before taking his shirt off.

Severus Snape gasped slightly, never in his life had he seen someone so thin or so beaten. The boys skin was different shades of blue, purple and yellow; several of his bones looked out of place; and you could literally see his spine painfully pushing against his skin.

He heard the boy take harsh breaths and reached out to touch his shoulder, anything to try to comfort him. He noticed that as soon as his hand made contact with the boy's skin, he ha shivered and flinched away.

Harry pulled his shirt back down and saw Snape's angry expression, he just watched the obsidian eyes and gulped.

His expression instantly softened, he never thought he'd feel sorry for the boy "Who did this to you?"

Harry clenched his fists and curled his toes in his shoes "No one, I'm just... I'm just really clumsy.

"Harry, you know I don't believe that," He replied quietly "If you don't want to talk about it then fine, we need to get you to Hogwarts."

"Hogwarts? But what about my school stuff?" He asked then suddenly covered his mouth tightly with his hand.

The professor looked confused as he moved away from the table to leave with the child "Why are you covering your mouth?"

"I asked too many questions.." Said Harry quietly as he moved out of his seat.

Severus shook his head "No you didn't.. And I've already bought your school stuff, it was just an excuse to get you away from those.... Muggles.."

That was the last thing they said to each other as they stepped into the fireplace in the pub and Severus said loudly "Dumbledore's Office, Hogwarts."

The green fire engulfed them and transported the two into the Headmaster's office.

"Ah.. Severus, I see you have collected him" Albus Dumbledore said with a smile.

"Yes," He replied with a slight glare "Did you know of his situation? The boy has been beaten bare!" He said and forced Harry's shirt up while he had his back turned.

Albus' eyes widened at the sight as Harry quickly pulled his shirt down "It's not exactly my favourite asset" he sassed.

"Harry I'm sorry. I overreacted," Severus said quickly and put a hand on the boy's shoulder "I will be taking him to my office."

Word count: 910 Words.