I cringed and scrunched my nose up in distaste. 'What the actual fuck is wrong with this guy?'

I felt the tip of his nose touch the crook of my neck then he sniffed, taking in a whiff of my scent which made my body stiffen and my skin crawl. "Ah~ for a ghoul like you, you certainly smell absolutely divine." he laughed humorlessly.

"I think I know just the person who'd like you, but...I don't think he'll mind if I'll take a bite from you-just to have a taste." he smirked against my skin.

My eyes widened. 'Is he talking about Tsu-'

I was then cut off from my thoughts as I heard Ayato yell. "Let go of her already!"

Houtaro merely scoffed. "Stop interrupting us, would you?"

Ayato then lunged forward with his right arm outstretched, throwing a swift punch directly on to Houtaro's lower jaw. This made the ash blonde haired male release his firm grip on my neck and stumble a few steps back in utter surprise.

He held his bruised jaw, then bursted into a fit of laughter. "Ah, seriously, Ayato?"

"You're honestly so fucking funny."

Houtaro hummed as he regained composure and heaved out a long sigh as if to calm himself down, running a hand through his locks of ash blonde hair. I glared at him with hatred burning in my eyes.

"What is wrong with you?" I questioned the male.

He raised an eyebrow, turning to look at me. "What ever do you mean by that? I've always been like this, haven't I?" he answered with a chortle.

"What? No, you've changed, Houtaro." I said with a shake of my head.

An utterly irritated and scornful scowl replaced his smile, curling his hands into tight fists. "For the last time, NO. I have not!" he yelled in frustration.

"Why are denying such a thing?"

He grunted. "I'm not denying anything!"

I let out a laugh. "So, you're denying the fact that you're denying it?" I chortled and placed a hand on my right cheek. "How pathetic can you seriously get, Houtaro?"

"Shut up!" he shifted on to his right foot and pointed the razor sharp tip of his cerulean kouhaku at my throat - inches away from piercing through.

I raised my hands with a tilt of my head to the side. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"-and I suggest you take her advice, Houtaro." Ayato intejected.

He snickered, taking a brief glance at him. "Why should I?"

"I think you're forgetting who you're messing with." I smiled humorlessly, feeling the familiar burning sensation in my eyes as I let my kakugan reveal itself.

"Heh, I know exactly who I'm messing with." a sly smirk tugged on the corner of his lips and looked down at his cerulean kouhaku with a small hum. "I should say this though, you've annoyed me quite a lot, Miho."

"I never actually liked you since the day we met-I've always despised your existence."

I scoffed with a roll of my eyes. "Oh, shocking." I sarcastically replied.