12 - The Getaway

Elena ran around in her room frantically searching for a perfect outfit for her date with Neymar which was in a few hours. Her closet now looked like a storm has passed through it. After countless tries, she finally managed to find the perfect outfit while letting out a hallelujah!

She took a quick shower and did her make-up and put her hair up in a ponytail before putting on the dress.

It was a black loose skater dress with spaghetti straps and an upside-down triangle cut on the back.

She put on her sneakers since it was dark and she had no clue about where they were going

She put on her sneakers since it was dark and she had no clue about where they were going. When she felt that her look was alright, she looked at the time and decided to sneak out. She felt stupid that even after being an adult, she still had to sneak out because of her overprotective elder brother but it gave her a rush.

They had decided to meet at a small fountain that was near the villa as to avoid anyone from seeing them together, anyone from Real Madrid that is.

Elena locked her room and started to speed walk down the hallway hoping and praying that she wouldn't bump into anyone. She peeked as she rounded a corner and walked when the coast was clear.

'This date better be worth it,' she thought as she continued to sneak through the neverending house.

Finally she saw the front door in her line of sight and she let out a thankful sight but of course, it was too soon.

"Elena!" She cringed as she heard an all too familiar voice calling her. Spinning on her heels she gave a nervous smile to the guy in front of her.

"Oh hey, Marcy! How are you doing this fine evening?!" She asked with a sickly sweet smile. Marcelo looked at her stunned, "I'm good. How about you? And where are you going all dressed up?"

"I'm also good, great in fact! Wanna know why?!" She asked with fake enthusiasm and a smile that was starting to creep him out.

"W-why?" He stuttered out in slight confusion.

She gave him that scary smile again before she stepped closer to him and looked around as if telling him a secret.

"Because I am going to add a new item to my valuable collection of bones..."

Marcelo saw the spark in her eyes as she whispered the words and that's all it took for him to run away as fast as he could.

Elena ran as best as she could without making much noise and when she reached the fountain, she finally busted out laughing.

Her eyes twinkled against the dark sky. Head leaned back and hair flowing free, gently moving in the breeze. She looked absolutely radiant and that's how Neymar saw her.

Wanting to capture this moment forever, he quietly took his phone out and snapped a few pictures of her before making his presence known to her.

"Mind telling me what's so funny?" He asked, making her freeze in surprise. She looked at him and smiled goofily, "What do I get out of it?"

He smirked and pulled out a single long-stemmed blue rose that was in his hand, hidden from her view. She gasped at the delicate yet incredibly beautiful flower as he handed it to her.

"Thank you." She said looking at him shyly.

He smiled, "You look beautiful as always."

She blushed, "Why to thank you, kind sir! You look rather dashing yourself." and he did. Clad in a well-fitted v-neck t-shirt and low riding jeans along with a pair of sneakers, the man looked hot! She also noticed that he had a picnic basket next to him and an electric lantern.

"Nice touch with the lantern by the way."

Ney let out a chuckle and did a mocking bow as he offered her his hand. She took it and they started walking towards wherever Ney was taking her.

They had a nice walk talking about their likes and dislikes and a lot of things they didn't even know they had views on.

Neymar led them to an unfamiliar area which Elena didn't know of. "Where are we going?" she asked confused.

Neymar grinned in response, "Well you see since you basically run the place, nothing is new or exciting for you here. So I've decided to change that."

"And may I ask how do you plan to do that?"

Ney gave her a smug grin, "I pulled some strings and got to know the whereabouts of a very secret and a very beautiful place."

Elena looked intrigued, "How are you so sure that I don't know this 'secretly beautiful place?"

"The guy said that he has never seen anyone there."

"So why did he tell you about it?"

"Let's just say that being me has its perks." He replied looking too proud of himself while Elena let out a chuckle and hit him playfully on his shoulder.

The walk to the destination was full of playful banter. They argued about the silliest of the things but at the same time, they thought the same way about a lot of things. Both surprised yet again about the similarities in their way of viewing the world.

After 15 more minutes of walking, he led them through some wilderness which then turned into a very small and secluded beach.

Elena looked around the small area in wonder, "It's beautiful."

"So are you." Neymar replied cheekily and she laughed at him, "That was so cheezy!"

He shrugged grinning, "Did make you smile, didn't I?"

She grinned back, "Yes, yes you did."