"Of course."

"Okay, then we'll just pack our things and be out of here by tomorrow." Aiden said as he took Blair's hand and lead her to their room to start packing.

To be alone in a house with the guy who you are head over heels in love with, the same guy who doesn't return the feelings, for two months will be torture.

Why him? Weren't there other law students that they could've asked? 

It was like fate hated me. They purposely stuck me with Blake Bradley knowing that every second alone with him would be a stab in my chest.

The thoughts that I had before I witnessed Christopher Warner's murder came rushing back to me.

Even after everything that had happened, and all the love I still felt towards the man, I just wanted to stay away from him. I didn't want to talk to him or even acknowledge that he was guarding me. I didn't need him to break my heart more than it already is.

I forgot that I was now left alone in the living room with Blake and the sound of my name escaping his lips brought me back. We were seated across from eachother with the coffee table between us.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I said quietly. I looked at his direction but avoided eye contact.

"I asked if you were feeling okay."

"I'm fine."

"I don't believe that. You're as white as a ghost, Carly." Blake stood up and I watched him walk over to me and pull me upwards into a standing position. "You're still in mild shock. You need to go to sleep."

"Let me go, Blake, I said I was fine." I hissed at him, my voice still quiet. I didn't like the way tingles ran up my arm from where his hand was located on my wrist.

"Why the hell are you whispering?"

"I'm not whispering, I'm talking quietly."

"Why?"

"Because I want to, dammit. Now leave me the hell alone." I tugged my arm out of his gasp and got caught out of balance but Blake quickly put an arm around my waist, saving me from falling over the table.

"Carly..." he looked down at me. His eyes turned from angry ocean blue to concerned light blue and my heart fluttered at the feel of the strong, warm arm around me. "About this morning..." he started to say.

That erased all the pleasure of being close to him. Quickly masking my pain with a blank face and emotionless eyes, I stepped away from him.

"Don't worry about it." I said in my normal tone of voice.

"I think we should talk about it." Blake said, stepping closer to me. "You were a virgin, Carly. Why me? Why'd you lost it to me?"

If it wasn't enough that he broke my heart into pieces, it was like he was breaking the pieces into even smaller pieces.

"That's not important now." I told him.

"Yes. It is." 

"Don't act like you care, Blake."

"I do." His words made me swallow what I was going to say next. 

He cares? That's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard come out of his mouth. Why didn't he care this morning, when he had taken my innocence? Why didn't he care when he all but kicked me out on my ass?

Blake Bradley does not care.

And neither do I.

I thumped my pointer finger on his very hard chest, ignoring the tingling feeling once again that happens every time we come in physical contact.