Brayden's Bravery

Start from the beginning

"Uhhh..." Brayden rubbed his red cheeks. 

Then the eighth human turned and fled, kicking snow out of their way. 

Brayden glared at them. "HEY! GET BACK HERE!" 

He chased them. Brayden didn't know where they were taking him. They were swerving past trees, leaping over bushes. It seemed they were going deeper into the forest. Wind rushed through their hair. They looked like they were... following somebody? Brayden didn't care. He wasn't going to let them escape.

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY!" Brayden yelled, his heart racing. 

Or his SOUL? It didn't matter. The eighth human shoved past more trees. Monsters hanging around were giving them strange looks. Brayden was keeping up. He was going to catch them.

Then the eighth human did a 180 and weaved through all the trees again. Brayden was so confused. But he didn't care right now. He needed to stop this kid. He copied them, kicking past all of the white, shiny snow. 

They returned to the area with the snow poffs. The eighth human ran onto the wooden bridge. It swayed underneath their weight. Brayden smirked as he approached the bridge. He had them now!

The eighth human slowed their place, taking sly steps on the bridge. Then they stopped at the centre of the bridge. Their arms dropped. They seemed to be staring at something. They looked almost hypnotized.

"HEY!" Brayden yelled. 

But the eighth human didn't hear him. They didn't move. Suddenly, their figure hunched. They pulled out a... long, sharp red sword from somewhere and held it high above their head. Brayden wondered where they got that from. It reflected the white, shiny snow. It was rather intimidating.

"Where'd you get that from?" Brayden asked them. He stormed across the bridge. "Can I have one?" 

They didn't reply. Their face was shrouded in shadows. Their eyes were glowing, red dots.

Brayden pretended to not be creeped out. "Hey! ARE YOU DEAF?!" 

Suddenly, the eighth human brought the sword down. They sliced the bridge in half. There was a shiver. And then the world went downwards.

"WHAT THE HECK!?" Brayden yelled, glaring at the eighth human. 

The eighth human stepped back, shaking. The sword disappeared into thin air. They stared at Brayden, twitching. The bridge swung downwards, flying towards the ravine below. It was scarier than any roller-coaster Brayden had been crazy enough to go on. The wind rushed through their hair. Adrenaline raced through their hearts. 

The kids held onto the bridge for their very lives. Brayden didn't want to admit it, but that ravine below them was creeping him out. And also, he was about to fall to his death. He yelled out random words, clinging onto the bridge. He didn't want to die yet.

The eighth human put their arm around Brayden's waist and grabbed onto the bridge's loose ropes. They had a surprisingly tight hold. They gazed at the ravine below. Rocks fell down, bouncing on the walls. The sound echoed. Somehow, they didn't look scared at all. Brayden had to be envious of their bravery. They pulled up on the rope with their arms and legs, determination in their closed eyes. Brayden felt... inspired.

"We're getting out of this TOGETHER!" he yelled. 

He helped the eighth human climb up the bridge. They made it to safety - a snowy ledge. Luckily, they were on the side of the bridge that led to Snowdin. The eighth human flopped onto the snow and made snow angels. They took a deep breath of relief. Brayden leaped into the air like he just didn't care. Well, actually, he did. He was very relieved.