Just Visiting

Okay Fans and readers... I owe you guys a big apology.... :( I have not updated in god knows when. And I'm very sorry... just been dealing with personal issues and studying my ass off for finals and so on and so on. But I finally uploaded. Originally I had written something else foe this update, but after I read over it I didn't like it. SO i deleted it. I prefer this one much better, why? Cause I can continue the story lol anyhow go on and read what you have been wating for :)

-Broken girl </3

xoxoxoxox

Ava wasn't able to go to the hospital that night. She was too emotional. Seeing her dad would have made things more difficult. She felt so confused as she cooked her dinner that night. Who was John Greendale? All the possible explanations didn't make her feel many better.

She sighed and stuck the leftover chicken into the microwave. Suddenly something thudded against her front door. Ava turned her head in the direction of the sound. Carefully she ran to the door and noticed that no one was there. She unlocked it and pulled it ajar. Smears of egg covered her door, gobs slid down the front. She stepped out onto the porch and looked back at the rest of her house. Splatters of egg covered the upstairs windows. The goopy mess dripped down the siding.

Great, somebody had just egged her house. She hadn't even seen who. Now Ava would have to clean it up. She heard another door open from behind her. Damian walked out his front door to see what all the commotion was about.

"Hey, Ava! What happened?" He asked running to her side. He glanced at the house and groaned. "Whoa, that's just not cool."

Ava nodded and stared over at him. He looked concerned. "Did you see who did it?"

He wiped a glob of egg off the deck and shook his head. "No, I have no clue. I was in the back yard throwing a ball for my dog," Damian chuckled and gave her a wink.

Ava's cheeks turned a deep red. She looked away to avoid him noticing. A warm feeling grew in her

stomach as some butterflies developed. She always seemed to get this feeling when he was around, it was weird. Could Ava have feelings for Damian? Even if she did, it wouldn't matter. Damian would never feel that way about somebody like her.

She turned back to look at Damian. Their eyes locked, she held his gaze; unable to break it. Finally Damian broke off and looked back at his house. "Well I should probably go. I'm in a bit of trouble with my folks and I'm not supposed to leave the house," He laughed. "I'll see you later, Bye Ava."

Suddenly, he leaned over and wrapped his arms around her for a brief embrace. Then ran off. A smile crept over Ava's lips and rested there the rest of the evening. The thoughts about John Greendale melted away and were replaced with the thought of Damian's smile.

******

"Good morning Ava. It's time to get up," Julianne Roberts' voice floated into Ava's room. Ava's eyes flickered open and closed again. She groaned and rolled over, pulling the comforter over her head. Typical teenager. Julianne sighed and walked over to the side of her daughter's bed. She got a good hold of the blanket it and yanked it off the bed allowing it to fall next to her new pumps. "Wake up!"

Ava glared at her mother.

"Oh, don't you start that with me! We're going to the hospital, now get a move on." Julianne spun on her heels and stamped out of the room.

Ava forced herself out of her bed and over to her closet. Now, what to wear? The same dilemma she had every morning.

******

Ava stood nervously outside her father's hospital room. She chewed at her lip. Anxiety crawled over her skin; she didn't want to go into the room. She had no idea what to expect. Her mother hadn't explained anything to her on the trip over. She hadn't given any indication of his condition. For what seemed like an eternity she stood in the hallway, waiting. But the door opened and her mother beckoned her in. Ava made her way through the door, reminding herself to put on foot in front of the other. Her eyes made contact with her father who was lying in the bed. His head was limply lying back against the pillow, facing the other direction.

"Martin..." The unfamiliar nurse said. "Your daughter Ava is here."

Her father was unresponsive. He didn't move.

Ava wrinkled her brow. "Daddy?"

There was still no response. The nurse waved her over to the other side of the bed. Ava rounded the corner of the bed. Ava stared at her father's face. His eyes blankly stared off into the distance. His jaw was slack on one side and drool leaked out. The nurse patted it away with the towel lying next to him. Ava took a step back, horrified. This wasn't the man she had remembered. This wasn't the man who had spent all those years hosting tea parties with her. This wasn't the man who had raised Ava.

The nurse rested a hand on Ava's shaking shoulders. "It's alright, you can go touch him,' she encouraged, giving her a little nudge.

Ava wearily walked forward, closer to her father. She stopped once she got to his side.

"Give him a hug, dear?" Her mother suggested from the other side of the room. The annoying pet names were starting to get on her nerves.

Ava took another step and awkwardly tried to wrap her arms around him. He groaned and his strange eyes moved to look at her.

"Martin... this is your daughter Ava," The nurse said in her over-friendly tone.

He groaned again and his eyes darted back and forth between the nurse and Ava. The nurse turned to Ava. "He doesn't speak."

Ava's jaw dropped. This was all wrong. This wasn't supposed to happen. She shook her head in disbelief. No... it was all wrong. This wasn't supposed to happen to her dad.

"What's wrong with him?" Ava asked, her voice shaking. She swallowed and braced herself for the news she was expecting.

"He's brain damaged, honey..." The nurse said apologetically placing her hand on Ava's arm.