Suspician

Hey everyone! It's been awhile, let's just get on with the update you all have been begging me for.

By the way... Broken_girl is back, I know I owe everyone an explanation but update first questions and explanations later.
* * *

Ava stared at the phone in her hands. Her mind raced with all the thoughts that no sixteen year old girl should ever have to imagine. Her mother was having an affair. Her mother was having an affair while the man she called "Daddy" lay in a hospital bed living out a life where he could no longer be an active member of their lives. He couldn't speak, he could barely move and frankly Ava was sure he couldn't understand his life anymore or who she was. A part of him had been ripped away by that person who decided to get in their vehicle and drive home from wherever they had come. They stole all the potential from her father, they stole all of his next years growing old with her mother, they stole the moment he would watch Ava graduate and send her off to college. Now he wouldn't ever walk her down the aisle at her wedding or hold his firstborn grandchild.

All because of that one person's decision.

A sharp pain drove through Ava's heart, she let out a gasp and sunk to her knees. Her hands trembled violently, visions of her father burned in her mind of him now a crumpled mess forever bedridden. Hot tears galloped down her cheeks, finally she had cried, finally the sadness that had built inside her exploded into the world. Hers sobs were like screams as she let all the pain escape, as her heart snapped into two perfect halves.

How dare they! How dare they take him from her! What was she supposed to now? Move on? Move on like this was an every day event, like her fighting to find something to wear that made her feel like there wasn't mounds of skin that she so desperately wanted to cut off? Pretend like she didn't envy her mother's perfectly shaped skinny body? She was skinny, perfectly proportioned and could where whatever she wanted and feel beautiful. Why couldn't she look like her? Was Ava supposed to take these life moments that had been thrown at her and just pretend that this was okay?

Ava's sobs became more strangled as she gasped for air; the atmosphere burned her lungs as it entered. She crawled toward the kitchen sink still struggling for a normal breath. She clawed at the cupboards until her hands gripped the edge of the sink to anchor her to stand. She splashed cold water on her face and held herself.

No more.

She couldn't take this anymore. She had to know the truth, she would no longer hear her mother's lies and tell herself that they were real.

No more.

Ava took a steady breath now regaining control of her emotions and pushed off the sink back to the attic. A place that now had made her uncomfortable since finding the papers with the strange man's name, since she was enlightened to the reality that had been cloaked for all these years. She grabbed the birth certificate, suddenly wondering how her last name was not Greendale. Wasn't that usually how it worked? Babies were given the same last name as the father's on the birth certificate. Yet another puzzle that would have to be solved. Had her father known all these years that she was not biologically his? Could he have stooped to her mother's level? Ava shuddered at the thought and told herself not to jump to conclusions until she had the facts.

She snatched her mother's prized laptop next. She opened the internet and got straight to her investigation; quickly and with still unsteady hands she typed in his name, the man she understood was her biological father and then the place then where she lived. The odds were small for any sort of clue but with one more reassuring breath Ava hit the enter key.

The server seemed to dottle along before the results popped up, but then there he was, his name clear as day and an address. This couldn't be a coincidence. Another breath and she scribbled down the location the screen seemed to scream at her. She jumped up and grabbed her coat.