chapter 12-this friend is actually my...pt. 1

jimin

Two weeks have passed by now, but Jeongyeon and I haven't told our parents yet. With the final exams approaching, everything's been busy. We haven't forgot though, it's something that's constantly on our minds. We just can't get around to it any sooner.

"What're you thinking about?" A voice near me snapped me out of my thoughts.

Jeongyeon sat between my legs propped open wide, reading a book while my arm was draped around her shoulder.

(A/N: heres a visual example, just imagine that is jeongyeon and jimin in the picture)

"I was just thinking...about telling our parents." I said cautiously as I looked down at Jeongyeon. I didn't want to make it seem like I was hung up on it.
Jeongyeon shifted around to face me, strands of her fading blue hair touched her cheeks. It looked good on her. Her hair always reminded me of a smurf. Whenever I teased her about it, she'd be quick to go 'Super-Saiyan' on me.
Subconsciously, I brushed the strands back as she spoke. "Oh my gosh, we need to start planning this."

"No, no, we don't got to rush it. It's fine."

"No! We should set a date this week." Jeongyeon pulled out her phone to set an reminder.

I rubbed my neck and chew on my bottom lip. "I mean, like I don't want you to feel forced to do this or make things move fast—"

"Jimin, I want you to meet my family, I want to meet yours too. This is an important step for us, there's nothing forced about it." Jeongyeon smiled earnestly at me.  I smiled back at Jeongyeon. I believed her. This was an important step for both of us, and I couldn't be happier to introduce her to my parents.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean it" Jeongyeon nodded.

My hands wrapped around her waist this time, pulling her in. I leaned in close with a grin tugging at my lips, "So it's set?"

Jeongyeon beamed back up at me, her eyes crinkling. "Of course," She slipped her hands around my neck before speaking, "It's been long enough, don't you think?" Jeongyeon leaned in slowly, staring at my lips.

"Long enough what..." I asked, in a slightly amused tone.

"Long enough we haven't kissed..." Jeongyeon gently grazed her lips against my cheek as she spoke.

"We kissed this morning," I replied and Jeongyeon laughed delicately, making me melt in my spot.

"Those..." She spoke before she left small pecks along my cheekbone, "were..." to my cheeks, "just pecks..." and the right corner of my lip.
Though this was probably the nth time we were about kissed, and Jeongyeon always blushed each time but this time, she was different, more confident.