10 - You make me happy

"I'm tired," I whine. Jungkook ignores and pushes me into his car. 

"No you're not. Now stop complaining." He locks my door, making me officially trapped in his car. 

"Let me out," I pull on the door handles but only to be pushed back into my seat with my lips sealed with his. Usually I would of loved this feeling but somehow, I have not been wanting any company. Specifically by  Jungkook.

He pulls away and smirks, "We are gonna have some fun!" 

I cross my arms and stare out the window. A small boy passes us while holding onto his mom's hand. I notice a big smile plastered on his face. Reminds me of Jhope's smile. A sunshine.

Once arrive at this house, he opens the door for me and drags me inside. Teenagers drinking and chatting loudly can be seen throughout the house. A tall, muscled, and very handsome man walks towards us. I move closer to Jungkook.

"Sinb, this is Taehyung, my best friend. Taehyung, this is Sinb, my girlfriend." Jungkook introduces. Taehyung whistles at the sight of me. "You got lucky," he chuckles.

I suddenly feel conscious of my body but I don't let it show. Jungkook starts blabbing away with him and soon after, Taehyung pulls him towards his mini bar, leaving me alone. I look around, scanning for any familiar faces but only to feel like an outcast.

Right at that moment I feel something different inside of me. My attraction towards Jungkook slowly decreases. He doesn't like me for who I am. He only likes me on the outside. Instead of a sweet guy I always crushed on  now, I now see a playboy that goes after every hot looking girl, no matter how nice or evil they really are. My heart breaks. 

But I'm not going to ruin the hard work I did.

Even if I don't like him, there is no other guy I see myself with.

---

Jhope bites his fingernails as the jittery feeling inside of him builds up. He knows it's bad news. It's no point on trying to fool himself anymore. 

The door clicks open, revealing the doctor and the clipboard with my answers.

The answers that my life will become.

He clears his throat, "We have your answers, Mr. Jung. I know you're nervous to hear them but I ensure you that, um, it's not that bad." 

I scoff. Not that bad, yeah right. 

"I'm sorry to say but you have a heart disease," He looks at me with eyes full of sorrow. 

Heart disease.

Did I hear that correctly?

My ears start ringing while my heart aches. No, no, no. No matter how hard I try to deny the fact, it'll just come back to me harder each time. 

"This explains the pain in your heart. This also means that you have a risk of a heart attack which will lead to..... death.

"You cannot drink or smoke or do any type of drug or else this heart disease will be even more fatal." He adds on.

How bad can this day get?

I leave the doctor's office and trudge myself home. I lock myself in my room because there is nothing to smile about anymore.

---

I walk out of the house and stand there, deciding where I should go. Definitely not my house, not Eunhas, not Jho―. 

I haven't seen my little hope in such a long time. Every since I got with Jungkook, we have distanced ourselves from each other. I miss him. But somehow a little more than that.

I find the extra key and open the door to his house myself cause I know he's  lazy. "Hobi?" I yell. 

I hear a faint cry sound coming from upstairs so of course I had to make sure he was okay. "Hope? You okay?" I say through the door. The cry immediately stops and water turns on. 

Jhope washes his face to make sure he doesn't look like he just cried and had a mental breakdown. SinB was here and he knew she gets worried easily. He puts on the biggest smile and opens the door. Time was not an option in SinB's mind as she pulled him into a tight huge as soon as she saw him. "I missed you so much." 

He loved her hugs and it always made him cheer up. "Me too, SinB-ah. You have no idea how much I needed you beside me." 

I lie on his bed, grinning. I had no idea how happy he made me feel. Something I didn't get with Jungkook anymore.

He lays beside, bringing his arm me, pulling me towards him. "Somehow you have gotten more gorgeous since the last time we hung out." As soon as he said those words, my smile fades. Straightaway he notices the change in the atmosphere. "I mean, you were always beautiful." He quickly says.

"Do you only like me for my looks?" I ask. Jhope didn't know if she meant by like-like or just as friends. "Of course not. You're beautiful inside out. You know, you weren't as attractive when you were younger but did that stop me from liking you?  Definitely not. I love you for who you are." I slap his arm as he mentions my terrible past hair days. I check his eyes to see that he's lying, but no, it's genuine. 

"Thank you for everything," I say timidly. 

Something's not right between her and Jungkook, Jhope thinks. 

"You remind me of a sunflower," I suddenly blurt out. His sweet honey laugh fills the room, "Excuse me?"

"Your appearance is like a flower that makes bees happy. Your smile is the sun that blesses everyone's day. A sunflower." I bury my head in his arms, shy and embarrassed on what just left my mouth. 

"If I'm the sunflower, then you must be the water. Without you, I die."

And we lay there, soon sleeping in each others arms.

•••

a little bit of sinhope at the end :)

bee happy ~

and thank chu for 1k reads! 💕

sunflowers || jhope x sinbOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara