Chapter 3

"Callie hey." Poppy said as I enter my room that I now share with her and Mariana.

I just got back from the church to grab a few things , Ximena claims she's bored so I told her that I will keep her company for a little longer.

"Hey poppy I just came back from seeing your sister , do you want to come back to the church with me."

"What about ICE."

"They left poppy and we're fostering you so you'll be good."

Poppy finally agreed on coming over. As I'm leaving I get a call from Aaron.

"Hey Callie I wanted to know if we can hang , friends do that right." He asked laughing a bit

"Yes we can hangout. Come with Poppy and I to see Ximena."

"Alright I'll be at your house in five minutes."

We ended our chat and I put my phone away.

"Who was that." Poppy asked as she got Ximena's favorite snacks

"Aaron , he's coming with us to see Ximena."

"Are you guys still dating."

"No we broke up ."

"Ah I see" poppy smirked

"You see what." I scrunched up my eyebrows.

She waved her hand in dismiss "Nothing, let's go see my sister."

_____________________________________________

"Okay ,Okay one more game and then I get to pick what we play next." I say as we re set the board.

Ximena is sitting to my left and Aaron is sitting to my right. Poppy is sitting across from me.

"Okay but before we start I want to get juice from upstairs, I'll be back."

We all watch Poppy get up and run upstairs.

"She is gonna be one hyper girl." Aaron says

"Hey she can get away with it she's cute , just like me." Ximena flips some of her hair over her shoulder

I see her eyes drift down to my thighs and she starts to slightly frown.

I look down to see Aaron hand place gently In the middle of my thigh.

"Friends." I say as I take his hand and place on his own leg.

"Right, friends." He chuckles and get up. "Welp I'm going to go see what's taking Poppy so long."

Once he leave Ximena and I are just sitting in uncomfortable silence.

"Are you Okay."

"I'm as okay as anyone in my situations will get."

I watch her play with her rings for awhile.

"I'm sorry , I didn't know he was going to do that."

I try to take her hand but she makes no attempt to hold it back.

"No need to apologize, he's your boyfriend." She gets up causing me to let go of her arm and walks away.