Chapter One: "Hell"

Someone once told me the definition of Hell;
"The last day on earth, the person you became...
would meet the person you could have become."

So was she in Hell?

There she layed on the polished ceramic floor. Moments passing by. It seems like a lifetime. Her cold white eyes gazed at the ceiling as she wore an enchanting smile. Her messy pitch black hair covered her pale grey skin like reeds covering an opening to a treasure trove. Her dying look gave this old hardware store some life. I didn't want the moment to end, probably that's why I didn't want to help her.

Suddenly questions surrounded my mind. Was it a heart attack or maybe she fainted? But there was no time. I had to help her now. I began holding her up gently.

"Ezra what happened!!" My manager asked sincerely.

Although I was still in shock I managed to reply, "I just got here and found her on the floor."

However it was only part of the truth.

Quietly she began whispering...
At first I couldn't make out what she was saying but as I stared further at her cherry plump lips. It became clear. " The Colors... I need to find the Colors."

I removed my glasses and rubbed my eyes in wonder. Out of the next stall came out a redhead girl probably the same age as me.

"Sorry she gets like that when she's hungry." She said.

Suddenly the pale girl got up dusted herself off like what had happened was simply a small accident. From where I was standing it looked as if she was still completely out of it, she stood slightly up, her hair covering her eyes.

"Bell we should probably get you fattened up." Said the strange scarlet.

Than she looked at my manager and me with a quick nod and smile while her eyes were closed to shrug off what had just happened. Those two were vagely strange but familiar.

My manager gave me a wink to agree and left the stall.

"I'm sorry if I caused any troubbb...

Ddd...DEMON!"

Suddenly she shouted staring me straight in my soul. At first I thought she was blind because of her dull white eyes.

"Bell stop! your scaring him. Sorry... like I said she's hungry that's all." The pale girls redhead friend barging in.
Forcefully ending the conversation With the same nod and smile as before.

Very suspicious, but why would she call me a demon. I know my hair was messy and my glasses were tilted but surely I wasn't that bad to look at however I was still intrigued to find out more about her.

"The pale girl"... I said thinking back to the way she smiled gazing at the old wooden ceiling.

I had to follow them.

Without any hesitation I said. "Well I'm off for my lunch break... be back soon." She was hungry so I'd probably find them at the one place known for it's delicious food.

"Just be sure to come back this time Ezra." My manager shouted pointing at the neon green clock.

I began walking to the infamous Diggies Donuts, did I say food? I meant desserts. There was more people than usual, marching miserably down every store. Probably because it was month end. Which made it even harder to find them, however Diggies was definitely my best bet.

Hot as hell like always here at Everwinter. Our town's name is redundant I know. I placed my hand over my head to gaze at the dusk weathered sky. It's still bright outside and it should be 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I always took late lunches  because there was more empty seats at the restaurants. Which meant now would've been the best time to find them. But today was not my day every seat was filled. *sigh* "There's no way this could get worse." I said desperately.