Outside World

3 months passed~~~~

"Professor L/N, what is the root language of Sianese?" A second year asked you, his brow crumpled in concentration. You walked to the long wooden table and flipped his book back two pages. "Same root as English." You explained, when the door swung open and none other than Snape walked through. You smiled warmly as he made his way down the aisle and through the desks. He put a hand on your shoulder in greeting, "Pomfrey wants to see you. Something about a study.... I can watch the class while you head out." Pomfrey wants to study you? Anger boiled inside you at the thought of being treated like lab rat, but dwindled. She hasn't ever seen my species before, of course she'd want to see me. Severus stood in waiting, cocking an eyebrow as you thought. "Yes, that'd be great, Severus. Thank you." You smiled warmly at him and put a hand on his, squeezing. You walked around him and to the door when you felt a familiar shiver.... yes! Like that strange, cold shiver that you had three weeks ago. You slowed your pace as you made it to the door. The shiver happened again, and this time stayed. You're adrenaline spiked as the cold spread and intensified. "Y/n?" Severus's voice seemed distant as darkness took over and you hit the floor.
~~~
"Y/n!" You heard Severus's voice before you saw him. Darkness gave way to a too-bright hall and you felt your body against something warm. Feeling as if your brain was stuffed with cotton, you grunted. You felt yourself turn and Severus slam through a door with his back as you tried to move. Extremely sluggishly, you lifted your head and looked around. You were in Madam Pomfrey's room. Severus set you on the exam bed and looked you over. "She just collapsed... no I don't know what's wrong... I realize that.... please just look at her." You heard the snap of latex gloves and managed to say "Severus...." he looked down at you so fast he could've gotten whiplash. "Y/n! Are you alright?" You nodded, finding your strength slowly returning. Madam Pomfrey glances at your wings in speculation as she took your blood pressure. "Alright dear I'm going to run a diagnostic charm, it'll take a few minutes." Madam Pomfrey took off the blood pressure cuff and grabbed her wand. While she did what she had to do, you looked at Severus, who looked as panicked as ever. "I got a really bad chill. Like a cold shiver... happened a few weeks ago but not nearly as bad." You explained, moving your arm to place a hand on Sev's arm, which was resting on the bed beside you. Madam Pomfrey grunted as she lowered her wand, defeated. "Inconclusive....." she went to set down her wand when a sharp coldness seemed to shoot down your wings again, and you yelled out. This time, instead of unconsciousness, it was followed by pain. "What is it?" Severus asked, tensing yet again. Madam Pomfrey rushed to her large cabinet of potions as you wrenched your back off the bed. "Agh! It's my wings, my wings hurt so bad!" You looked at them, and was startled to see tiny green waves rippling around them. Magic? Around your wings? A pressure seemed to build along with the pain and you thrashed around. Severus, now panicking and reassuring you, yelled to Pomfrey. "What is this? What's happening to her?!" She ignores him and proceeded to grab several bottles, two of which she tossed to Severus, "give them to her. It'll help her get through the pain for a bit, but only for an hour or so." You we're now completely engulfed in pain and discomfort, and Severus forced a blue and yellow gel down your throat. The tangy, lemon rind taste seeped down your throat and you felt your energy immediately drain, darkness taking over again.
~~~ okay so I'm back!
Please give me any suggestions/recommendations!
Please let me know if you want their relationship to become smutty, or if you want any separate one shots. Thanks!