AVISAN

You walked into Snape's classroom, wanting to ask him about extra credit. You failed the last exam and needed more work to make up for it. Walking up to his desk area, about to say something when you got a slight headache. All of the sudden, it amplified into an enormous headache in less than 10 seconds. You fell onto your hands and knees, a paralyzingly sharp pain overwhelming your head and back. You clawed at stone ground until your nails bled, screaming out with your eyes screwed shut. You saw Harry running toward you, but Snape caught his shoulder and held him place, about 30 feet away from you. "Professor Snape, she's-" he tried to argue, but Snape's usually snide features were contorted into what seemed to be worry. "Potter, will you quit yelling so I can explain. Y/N is not. human. She is an Avis. A person who is part of an ancient bloodline from before humans were even a thought. They are dangerous and lethal once they transform, in which your friend here is doing now. It is best you leave, immediately." You barely heard them over your own screams of agony. You felt something foreign pressing on the skin inside your back, trying to get out. They were large and crammed inside, stretching and tearing the skin off your back. You would have been embarrassed doing this in front of Professor Snape and Harry, but your mind was so overridden with pain and confusion that you were no more than an animal. Snape stopped trying to get Harry out when his eyes widened, and he stared at you. They both froze, watching your back in amazement and slight disgust and two enormous silvery gray and black wings ripped out of your back, parts of your skin and blood drenching the feathers. You let out a blood curdling scream as the last of the wings stretched out, and then, as if none of it happened, the pain vanished and the skin on your back sewed itself back together as if they were magnets. You were sweating and breathing rapidly, your brain hardly able to process the earlier events. You stood up slowly on shaky legs, and looked down and saw a small puddle of blood that dripped from your new WINGS?! "Y/n?" Harry had run out of the room, probably to get Dumbledore, but Snape eyed you cautiously. All of the sudden you felt humiliated. Your wings had ripped the back of your sleeping gown open, leaving hardly anything covering you, and you were sweating and bloody. "Uh- P-professor s-Snape what was that?" You said quietly, feeling dizzy and nauseous. His eyes squinted, slowly, cautiously approaching you as if you'd attack him. "How do you feel?" He asked, and you stared incredulously at him. You just sprouted wings and he was asking you how you're feeling?! "I.... I don't know. Maybe tired and a bit nauseous. Like I got hammered in the head with a stone." He took the cape part of his robes and put it around your shoulders. This surprised you. Immensely. Sure, he wasn't cruel to you like he was Harry, but he wasn't nice, and now he was wrapping you in his robes? Anyway, the robes pushed down on your wings, and it felt very odd. It didn't hurt anymore, just felt similar to having an extra set of arms on your back. "We should go to Dumbledore.
------------------------------------------
"F/n L/n. How nice to see you again. Although," he said calmly peering over shoulder at the prominent bulges under the cape where your new wings were. "It seems you have... changed since we last met." He ushered you over to a chair to sit down, and you complied graciously, you were exhausted. "We have much to discuss." Snape and Dumbledore both pulled up chairs around you and sat. "You, Y/N are part of a very ancient bloodline, usually referred to as Avisan or Avis. The first Avis evolved similar to humans, except he was traced back to birds, not primates. Then, when wizards came along, they tried to capture him, thinking he was a monster. He fled and took shelter somewhere in South America, though the specific location is unknown. Since Avis live for an especially long time, he stayed in hiding for 50 years before going out into the real world, where the Muggles did not know him. Eventually he did what we all experience in our lives. Fell in love. He had six children, and they had children and so on. And you, are part of that bloodline."